Sunday, December 4, 2011

Celebrate The Season


I am getting anxious!  My Christmas cards are coming together too slowly!  Here is one for a family member that I managed to make  yesterday and I used one of the sketches from the current Hero Arts contest.

Paper: cardstock (PTI); Neenah
Ink: Iced Spruce & Evergreen Bough distress ink
Stamps: Hero Arts (AR159; CL343)
Other: various gems; Wonky Rectangle Spellbinders die; dimensional foam adhesive

I was not intending to go monochromatic, but it turned out that way and I like it.

I stamped a white piece of cardstock with three different snowflakes using Iced Spruce and some 2nd generation stamping every now and then.  I then used the negative piece from my die cut, inked up its edges with Iced Spruce and adhered that over the white panel using dimensional adhesive.

A little bit of bling in the centre of the snowflakes, a sentiment strip using Evergreen Bough distress ink and that was the card finished.

Thanks for popping in!  Have an awesome day!

14 comments:

Barb said...

This is one of the prettiest cards you've made, Brenda! I love the frame surrounding your gorgeous snowflakes, and these colors are so beautiful together! Nicely done! :)

Lisa said...

This is super gorgeous, B- truly. I think the top panel looks like velvet IRL because of the distressing on it- you just want to touch it!
Beautifully blinged snowflakes too!

Jeanette M. said...

Beautitful card! I love that Iced Spruce.

Rosemary said...

oh its so beautiful, brenda! love the soft monochromatic color scheme...

CinnamonSally said...

I love the soft blue of this card Brenda, so delicate and pretty!

sheila said...

This is lovely Brenda! I love your design as well as the monochromatic color scheme. It is gorgeous!

Arlene said...

How marvelous! Simple and beautiful, hard to get better than that.

Virginia L. said...

Understated beauty! Love the gem elements and glitter!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful. You are on a roll and will have your Christmas greetings done in no time at all.

Dawn T said...

this is just gorgeous Brenda. I love that colour. Mine arrived in the post today so can't wait to try it out.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful mono card and great interpretation of the sketch! Love the wonky shape! Dying to get one!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hm...how I adore these colors which are so perfect for the season.we're expecting snow any hour here in Chicago!

Jill said...

Totally elegant! Now this is an absolute stunner!

Trinh said...

Gorgeous, Brenda! I love those sparkly snowflakes and the soft colors for the card base.