Monday, May 23, 2011

Teacher Appreciation #2 & Wee Memories #57

I am back with the second wall hanging for teacher number 2!  Her name is Ms. Sandy and she likes pinks and purples.  She is also more outgoing and full of fun, so, her wall hanging is more along those lines!  I hope she likes it!

Paper: My Mind's Eye; Neenah Solar White; Grunge Board Alpha (Tim Holtz)
Ink: Adirondack Juniper Paint Dabber; Peeled Paint DI; Copic Markers; Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Hero Arts; Penny Black
Other: Rolled Flower Die (MFT); Pearls (Recollections & stash); Crackle Accent; White Gel Pen; Stickles

Again, really tough for me to photograph!  I went everywhere outside and inside the house, in the shade, in the sun, lights on, lights off - no luck! I am also going to enter this into Wee Memories "Stamp It" challenge .

A lot of stuff going on in this box!  My favourite part, those little rolled flowers!  I got the die from My Favourite Things. It is a super die!

I covered the grunge board "S" with acrylic paint.  When dried I covered it with Crackle Accent and let that dry.  I then pounced some Peeled Paint over it. I really wish the photo could capture all the details, it really does not do it justice!

Lots of stickles around the three layers of the large flower and on the butterflies. The two matching butterflies are from Hero Arts and the middle butterfly is from Penny Black.

I also made a card to match using PTI's cardstock as the base card.  The sentiment on the card is also from one of PTI's Year of Flowers sets.


This was a lot of fun!  I also had to visit Lisa a few times and ask her for her opinion and advice, and to borrow the rights shades of Copics (thank you Lisa!).

Now I can relax, breathe and make some cards I have been wanting to make for a while!

Have an awesome day!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW- I can't say any more about this than I have already :) It just takes my breath away! Stunning flowers, colors, and really love those butterflies- they really do pull the whimsy right out of the paper :) Surely Ms. Sandy will LOVE this!!

walchowDesign said...

Love all the butterflies decorated with pearls, they look so classy and your handmade flowers too, Brenda! Ms. S is going to be delighted to receive this beauty!

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous, Brenda!! Ms Sandy is going to be absolutely thrilled.

Trinh said...

How could she not like this, Brenda?! It's gorgeous with all those butterflies & rolled flowers. Lucky teacher!

Unknown said...

What a fun gift for a lucky teacher! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Anita Rex said...

I love the papers you've used for this frame! And all your flowers and butterflies! I bet this teacher will love it!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Absolutely stunning! I love that big 'S' and the shades of lavender and green are definitely bright and cheerful, perfect for this teacher! Lovely matching card, I know she will be thrilled to receive this!

Dawn T said...

what lucky teachers.... this one is just as beautiful as the first.

Monica said...

So sweet and simple. Love the paper and the rose.

xxx Monica

Alice said...

wow! lucky Ms. Sandy!! these are gorgeous, Brenda!! fabulous work!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the monogrammed frame and the matching card, Brenda! They're beautiful and Ms. Sandy is sure to love them.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous, Brenda! Thank you for joining us at Wee Memories. :)