Friday, February 18, 2011

I Just Had To...

You may think that this card is a little on the corny side, but I just had to do it!  I have this lovely Hero Arts woodblock stamp which they sent to me as part of a bloghop win, so, not chosen by me, and I struggle to come up with something to do with it.  This month part of the theme at Hero Arts is Friendship and I kept looking at the "Polka Dot Person" and thinking about getting two of them together, on a card, as friends.  But they needed just a teeny, weeny dressing up!!!

Paper: Neenah Solar White, PTI Kraft cardstock, (patterned paper unsure)
Ink: Baby Pink & Juniper Dye ink from CTMH, Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: Hero Arts
Other: Gem and Flower from my stash, sewing

No explanations really required right!  I simply folded the glittery flower to give the two lady friends a hat and added a little sparkly gem to finish off the look.

Thank you for indulging me!

14 comments:

Virginia L. said...

So CUTE!! Love the dotty girls and their hats! (Girls just want to have FUN!) Congrats on the HA Tweet!

Anita Rex said...

So funny! I love there hats! :> I think you nailed the stamp! :>

Jacqueline said...

Very posh Brenda - o la la!

CinnamonSally said...

This is a really cute card Brenda, I wouldn't have chosen this stamp either but you have made a real fun card with it. I love the hats!!!!!!

Dawn T said...

very quirky Brenda.

Barb said...

I just LOVE THIS, Brenda! So darn cute!

Emily Leiphart said...

Brenda, this card made me LOL which is always good! You definitely came up with a creative way to make these stamps work and the lady hats are so cute!

Nancy said...

Gotta love the hats...how clever are you?!!! Great idea, Brenda.
blessings~

Michelle said...

Too cute,Brenda!! I love the creativity!

Elena C said...

OMG Brenda, how cute is that? It's kind of fun to tackle a stamp you have to really work at, right?
Blessings

Rosemary said...

too cute, brenda... just too cute!

walchowDesign said...

I simply love the hats! So cute, Brenda!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very adorable design! Congrats on the tweet for this card, I just may have to invest in this set, great inspiration!

walchowDesign said...

BIG Congrats, Brenda! YOu made it again!