Monday, September 12, 2011

Thanks

I made another window card for the current Hero Arts monthly contest and I managed to use the suggested colours, so I am happy!  And I actually like my card, (it was one of those that I could see clearly in my mind).  Let's hope you like it too.
Paper: cardstock (PTI); Neenah
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Brushed Corduroy, Peeled Paint & Forest Moss DI; Hero Hues Latte chalk ink
Stamps: Hero Arts (CG152 Two Birds; CL182 - sentiment; CL361 - leaves; S5316 Silhouette Grass)
Other: Circle Nestabilitie dies

I stamped the kraft notecard with the Silhouette Grass in Latte chalk ink.  I then die cut a circle from the centre of the card.  Then, using two circle nestabilities I die cut the scarlet red border which I glued onto the notecard and stamped the sentiment on the inside.

I stamped, inked and trimmed 4 leaves and also the little bird and sort of created a foliage for him/her to sit on, and adhered that to the once side of the circle.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself!  Wishing you a wonderful start to the week!

13 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Indeed it is a beautiful card, Brenda! Love how you've incorporated the colours into this beautiful card and I just love how you colored the leaves and the bird!

joy said...

Love this - you incorporated the colors so nicely here!

Judy1223 said...

Brenda, this card is gorgeous! I love the fall colors, the window, the beautiful leaves and bird...perfect for the current Hero Arts challenge!

Lisa said...

You are on a roll with the window cards :) Love the pile of leaves for the birdie!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Brenda this nature scene just draws you into your window! The colors on the bird are fabulous.

Barb said...

Love it, Brenda! Your coloring is beautiful on the leaves and bird!

Alice said...

this is so pretty! beautiful coloring on the images. wonderful card, Brenda!

Trinh said...

Beautiful design, Brenda!

Donna B. said...

Great window card Brenda! I love how you colored the bird and the leaves!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Brenda. Love how you managed the colours and a window. love your little birdie

Rosemary said...

you sure are making some lovely window cards, brenda! love the fall feel to this one!

Michelle said...

I love the way this card turned out. These colors look wonderful on kraft!

walchowDesign said...

Congrats on your win for this month, Brenda! Happy Shopping!