Saturday, December 3, 2011

Nancy's 90 Minute Scramble

Lovely Nancy is hosting a scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr site and I just made it with about 10 minutes to spare after starting 45 minutes late!  My heart is still racing!

Nancy posted this lovely inspiration photo taken by her daughter and we were to take out of it what we wanted:

I went with the colours, that's often the easiest for me.  This picture makes me want to go to Morocco!  I had a few pieces of patterned paper on my desk and 3 punched out squares from a card I had just made.  So in order to avoid wastage I decided I would have to find a way to use that.  Then the current Hero Arts challenge came to mind and I went with one of their sketches!

I did use a bit of artistic licence and put my sentiment in a different spot, but I am sure that's ok!  Here is my card:

Paper: Cardstock (PTI); designer paper (Cosmo Cricket - Circa 1934)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Bundled Sage, Dried Marigold & Antique Linen distress ink; Copic Marker
Stamps: Hero Arts
Other: Clear Embossing powder; Square punches; gem; dimensional foam

I stamped three different Hero Arts images on some 1" square pieces of cardstock. The first one is the Small Open Flower, and the last one is from the Delicate Leaf Cluster set.  The sentiment in the middle was stamped and embossed and then coloured with a rich red Copic marker and popped up with dimensional foam.

I am so glad that a little bit of my mojo is back and I actually have managed to make three cards today, however, only one is being added to my ever growing list of Christmas cards I need to make!  I really need to get my act together don't you think!

Thanks for taking the time to pop by, your visits always make me smile!

I hope that you are all having a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love this Brenda...definatley has MOJO~but I don't think it was ever gone ;) I see more than colors. You have leaves, flower petals the shape of almonds lots of goodies! Pretty card!!!

Barb said...

So pretty, Brenda! I love the different stamps used on the inchies! Great take on the colors and the sketch! :)

Courtney K said...

what a fun card! love all the different patterned papers.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love the stacked blocks of artwork Brenda!

Trinh said...

Love how you put the sentiment on one of the squares and the little snippets of stamping on the other squares.