Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cutie Pie Megan

This is actually my second post of the day, so scroll down if you want to see more.

There are so many crafters out there that inspire me.  Today I want to mention Tiffany whose work I adore mostly because of the exquisite colours she combines, the beautiful use of the most gorgeous patterned papers and I find that she does not over embellish her cards, which I love, she adds just enough and she is capable of many different styles!  Go on over and look at her work, it's totally amazing, every single piece of art she showcases is beautiful.

So today I tried to be more colourful, and I was thinking about my niece Megan in South Africa.  So, what better time to actually colour in an image from The Greeting Farm called Megan!

Paper: Cardstock (PTI); Patterned Paper (stash)
Ink: Copic Markers; Memento Tuxedo Black; Soft Pool Shadow Ink (Hero Arts)
Stamps: The Greeting Farm; Lawn Fawn
Other: Gems ( from my friend Tiffany); Border punch (Stampin' Up)

I really loved colouring in this cute image!  I just love her wild curly hair!  The blue strip of paper was actually a piece from a Hero Arts notecard which I stamped with a tiny heart I found in one of my Lawn Fawn sets.  The sentiment is also from Lawn Fawn.

She looks very bossy!

Have an awesome day!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

You did a fab job coloring Megan!! It's hilarious becasue I just colored mine with a pink top and blue bottoms as well- great minds think alike :) I really like the bright pinks and patterns you used in this - She's cute!

stampingandstitching said...

Adorable card, Brenda! I love the bold colours and your colouring is wonderful!

Barb said...

So cute, Brenda! Beautiful use of pretty, bright colors!

Michelle said...

Love it, Brenda!! She is very sweet! Beautiful colors!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really sweet card, don't you just love those TGF girls? Thanks so much for mentioning me, you're too sweet!! I love the colorful, scalloped edges and the polkas and hearts! Just as sweet as you!

Dawn T said...

totally awesome card Brenda... and how cute that the stamp has the same name as your niece.

Rosemary said...

oh... she is so sweet, brenda!

Alice said...

this is so sweet! adorable card!

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, I laughed when you said she looks bossy! These are great girly colours, Brenda! The layout is just perfect.