Sunday, April 10, 2011

For Dad

Another attempt at a masculine card.  I used two of the car images from the Hero Arts "Going" set, and of course, my favourite, the Envelope Pattern stamp!

Paper: Cardstock (PTI), Patterned paper (from my stash)
Ink: Vintage Photo DI; Latte Chalk Ink (Hero Arts)
Stamps: Hero Arts; PTI (Tiny Tags); Typewriter Alphabet (MFT)
Other: Brads (Recollection); Jute (Michaels); Corner Chomper

I first stamped the notecard with the Envelope Pattern stamp and Vintage Photo DI.  The bottom strip of cardstock was stamped with Latte Chalk ink using one of the little cars from the "Going" stamp set to create a pattern.  I then stamped one of the bigger vehicles onto patterned paper and cut that out.

The two circles holding the tag with jute are from the "Typewriter Alphabet" stamp from My Favorite Things.  I just adhered them with pop dots and put a brad through the centre to hold the jute.

Hoping you are having a good start to your Sunday if you are in this part of the world.  I have just had a very pleasant 9 mile run, there was a lovely cool breeze which was really nice for a change.  Now I have quite a number of household chores to do and a pile of paperwork to enroll my dear daughter into Kindergarten this Tuesday!  So excited!

9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

WEll done, Brenda! Love your use of the typewriter hello to hold the sentiment! FABULOUS Dad card!

CinnamonSally said...

Great Masculine card Brenda, love this Hero Arts set so versatile. Hope you are having a great weekend.
Hugs
Sally

Lisa said...

LOVE this manly card, B! So many masculine elements- it's great :) Your tiny tag is making me jealous!! Soon...(rubbing hands together and plotting)LOL

Alice said...

very cool masculine card. wonderful work, Brenda!

Dawn T said...

wonderful Brenda. Great colours.

walchowDesign said...

Great masculine card, Brenda! Love the print on the car!

Rosemary said...

great father's day card, brenda!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very cool look to this card, love the sentiment as it dangles in the middle of your circular accents, wonderful design!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is fabulous, Brenda! I love the masculine colours, the paper pieced car and the envelope pattern (again)! The tag is super cute!