Saturday, April 9, 2011

What's Up Dog?

I have another card for the current Hero Arts April Contest, and I decided to use another one of Shari's sketches.  I also decided to go masculine, with a sense of humour!  A long, long time ago I bought a few of the "cutsy" stamp sets from Hero Arts and to be honest, I have not used them enough, hardly actually.  I think the reason is that I have been looking at life too seriously perhaps, and that then translated into my card making.  But now that I am meeting so many different and talented crafters out there, in a sublininal way I think I am pushed to explore more, to loosen up a little, to see the funny side of life from time to time. So here goes....

Paper: Cardstock (PTI); Patterned paper (from my friend Jacqueline)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo DI
Stamps: Hero Arts
Other: Corner Chomper; Bone (my old stash); Spellbinder circle die

I pretty much followed the sketch like a good little girl!  It's such a nice sketch anyway. The dog, after being stamped with the Envelope Pattern stamp was cut out and adhered with some pop dots.  In retrospect maybe the circle should have been done in a beige colour to match the patterned paper, the white looks very stark even though there is white on the bone embellishment.

I hope you are having a great Saturday.  I am going to post another card that I made just for the fun of coloring with my Copics.  Then I am off to take my daughter to a birthday party at the gym, she always has such fun there.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so cute, B! I don't remember seeing this pup before at HA. I'll have to go look. Great job with the envie pattern on the dog- and the sketch in general :)

stampingandstitching said...

This is such a super cute card, Brenda! Great take on the sketch and the envelope patterned dog is adorable! I like that the circle is white - made me think he was out in the moonlight searching for his bone!

Michelle said...

Awe! So cute! Love the envelope pattern stamp!

Judy1223 said...

Brenda, great job following the sketch...love the envelope pattern on the dog! Great job!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is very fun and whimsical, I love it! I love the envelope pattern on the dog, really gives him that 'rough' hair-like texture! Great Masculine card!

Alice said...

i love this, Brenda!!! love your take on the sketch and the colors are fab! super card!

Sanne said...

He he he.....this is fun Brenda - love it!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my gosh, Brenda, this couldn't be more perfect! Absolutely adorable. Love, love, love! I think you're a winner with this one.