Monday, August 12, 2013

Birthday Girl

Another birthday card from me.  I had to use two stamps that were still new and staring at me, begging me to be "needed"!

Paper: cardstock (PTI); Neenah; patterned paper (scrap basket)
Ink: HA Pale Tomato; Copics; Versafine; CTMH ink
Stamps: HA Tweed Background stamp & Birthday Sayings; Penny Black: Fashion Leader
Other: Clear embossing powder; Corner rounder

This little fashionista is not the easiest to trim!  Steady hands and magnifying glasses are highly recommended.  The steady hands are still there but I needed help with magnifying!!!  I paper pieced her bag and her dress after stamping them in blue ink onto some designer paper in my scrap basket.  Simple card to keep in my stash for a rainy day.

Time to get dinner sorted!  Have a wonderful beginning to a new week!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Very pretty Brenda, love the paper you used for her dress!!

Nat said...

such a fun gal, this background is fab, love the pink and pattern too! wonderful birthday design :)

Pam W Merwin said...

Oh Brenda - this is beautiful~ What a great job with your paper piecing :) Love your colors!

Virginia L. said...

This is absolutely darling, Brenda! Somehow the image looks a bit retro and I think your choice of pattern is perfect! My daughter is on her way to Johannesburg...so I thought of you! HUGS!

Barb said...

Fabulous card, Bren - love that cute image and it looks awesome with that fun background!

Dawn Turley said...

so elegant Brenda. Love the bright background.

walchowDesign said...

Stylish fashionista card, Brenda!

Lisa said...

Don't you just LOVE that b/g B?! It's almost like one of those eye illusions (you know the ones where if you stare too long they make your eye go a bit googly?!) and it's so pretty in pink!
Thx for the wake up call this morning! XX

Sue Lelli said...

I CANNOT believe you cut her out! WOW! FAB card to have in your stash, Brenda!

Trinh said...

She's fabulous! And so are you for fussy cutting her! If I had tried, she would be missing her shoes and the handbags. And who knows what else!

Sandy said...

Hey Brenda - cute card and I love her dress! What a positive and up lifting name for a blog!!!!
sandy