Sunday, August 11, 2013

Birthday Balloon

It's a quick one as I am a bit tired tonight and fighting off a sore throat, all the late nights (and waking up at 3AM thinking about card making) is catching up with me.  Here is a birthday card I made a little while ago, trying to use up some patterned paper.


The only stamping is the banner and sentiment from Lawn Fawn.  The rest is done with patterned paper.  I cut out one of the hot air balloons and popped it up on the background paper.

My Art Journaling is slow, and that's me being kind to myself!  But it's all good as I am figuring out what I want to do and although I had told myself I would only have one journal it's not really working out that way.  I have found that I actually want a Daily Journal, an Art Journal, sometimes a themed journal like my Butterfly one, and the list goes on.  But anyway, I often kind of just stare at the blank pages and try to will myself to doodle, and it may sound ridiculous, but I simply cannot doodle!

Until I came across something on Pinterest where the author made this suggestion:   paint some watercolour shapes like squares, rectangles, circles etc....on a page and when it's dry, outline around those shapes with a black pen and just doodle something in that coloured box!  Wow, what a neat idea.  So, sitting down last night that's what I did in my Moleskin Sketchbook and it was very "freeing", ameteurish, but freeing nonetheless, so I leave you with this:


Enjoy your Sunday, mine was awesome!

8 comments:

Moz said...

Love your Doodling B! Funny how a suggestion or idea just gets you going. Great doodle page. Enjoy your week.
Hugz

Lisa Elton said...

Love this DP Brenda and the popped up balloon looks GREAT!! Hope you feel better, get some rest ;)

Nat said...

love how you have used the pp and popped up this hot air balloon. such a wonderful birthday card! awesome journal too, very inspiring. :) hope your feeling better :)

Dawn T said...

what a great card and love the journal page. I have trouble doing this sort of thing too. At least you are trying which is more than I can say I'm doing

Sandy said...

Nice card and I love what you did in your art journal. I feel just like you, I stare at the blank space and just cannot doodle for the life of me. I am going to try out this idea. Your doodling looks great to me!!
Sandy

Rosemary said...

really fun card, Brenda... I like how you trimmed out one of the balloons and popped it up! your doodling is just amazing!

Virginia L. said...

Your card and journaling look FABULOUS!! Thanks for sharing your Pinterest inspiration!

Virginia L. said...

Your card and journaling look FABULOUS!! Thanks for sharing your Pinterest inspiration!