Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hero Arts May Contest


This is the first card I get to make for this months' contest over at Hero Arts.  It's all about Birthdays, a colour challenge or an interactive card, or all three, as I did with my card.

I covered a notecard with some pretty paper from Lawn Fawn.  The oval die cut was stamped and clear embossed with the Dot Flower Pattern background stamp and inked with some Mustard Seed.  Here is the funny part: I wanted the edge to be a light blue, so I used some Broken China....of course....yellow and blue make GREEN!  But I decided to leave it like that as it made a really pretty shade of geen.

The blue strip on top is stamped with the Flower Wall Paper background stamp using Hero Arts Soft Pool ink.  I rounded the corners, stamped a sentiment and added some pearls and a little bow.

And this is the inside of the card.  After colouring that little Girl With Flowers using Copic markers, I adhered her to the card using a home made "wobbler" thanks to Susan's explanations on how to make it which you can find on Flickr HERE.  I have to say it was quite fun and I may have to experiment a bit more with some different designs!

Well, it's time to go and wake up the princess and start the morning routine!  My dog goes for all her pre-requisite blood work today before she leaves to go to South Africa a few days before us. Then Lisa and I are meeting up with Sue Lelli, a DT from CR84FN, for some lunch and girl talk today.

Have a really beautiful day!



17 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

This card is a huge piece of eye-candy, Brenda. I love the simple front, which has so much punch with the graphic design and great colors. Then - briiiing - the inside is a hoppin' fun and perfectly colored wiggling girlie! I know most girls that age do not stand still, either! A kick of a card.

Lin said...

Oh how fun, Brenda!! Love your card!

Cindy C. said...

Sweet card Brenda! Aren't those DIY wobbler fun?!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Brenda this is fabulous - inside and out!

walchowDesign said...

Such a lovely card and I love the lime card! The girls is beautifully coloured too, Brenda!

Barb said...

Brenda, this is just adorable! I love the citrus-y colors you used and your cute, wobbly little girl! You've colored her to perfection! :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card Brenda, the little girl on the inside is so sweet! Hope you enjoy your girls day out!!

Rosemary said...

super cute card, brenda! love the inside... sounds like you are going to have a really fun day!

Michelle said...

adorable! love that sweet girl! beautiful coloring!

Stella said...

Maybe the color of the edge turned out a bit different with the distress ink but it looks great! And your "pop-up" girl is a cutie!

Pam W Merwin said...

This is oh so cute! Love the outside of the card and the little girl is precious :)

sheila said...

wow-this is great! your coloring is fantastic but the card itself is so eyecatching! I just love these colors together.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Brenda. Love the idea of your girl on the wobbler.

Robin K. said...

This is so stinkin' cute Brenda!!! I love your wigglin' little girl!!!

Trinh said...

Awww, so cute, Brenda!

Lisa said...

so adorable! Love that little girl wobbler:) She's really too cute and so much fun on the inside of the card :)

Katarina said...

Another sweet card with that nice, bright green. Gorgeus colouring on the girl.