Saturday, March 31, 2012

For My Sister

Sharing a card I made using up those scraps that were lying around my table for way too long!  I was really happy that I used up these little pieces of paper, I have to try harder to do that everytime I finish one card.  I was thinking that even if I simply make the card base and worry about the image and sentiment later, at least those scraps don't get left lying around and cluttering my desk, which inevitably clutters up my mind! Does that happen to you too?


I am also going to enter this card into the current Simon Says Stamp challenge which is "Anything Goes".  Here is the card:

Paper: My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found - Market Street; Dolled Up; Be Amazing); cardstock (PTI)
Stamps: The Craft's Meow (Cherished; Beautiful Spring)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Copics; Antique Linen Distress ink
Other: clear embossing powder; Pearls (Recollections)

I have to say that I am loving playing with my stamps from TCM!  The next few cards that I will post will most likely all make use of their stamps, they simply are gorgeous!

The butterfly is embossed in black ink and coloured with Copics.  I still need a lot of practice in terms of blending different colours together, so it's not perfect, but it's unique right?  It has my subtle mistakes or imperfect colouring, but it's made with love which is all that matters!

We had a fun morning picking up trash with the Girl Scouts group, now we are taking a little break before going to the Easter Egg Hunt at 4pm.


How is your day going?  I hope it's wonderful!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

The butterfly was the perfect finish for this B! Love how you made use of the scraps :)

Your new blog layout looks great!

Tracey said...

LOVE this beauty Brenda!!! You are so good to use your scraps up like that...not an easy task!!

Barb said...

Beautiful mix of papers, Brenda, and the colors on your butterfly are so pretty! :)

Rosemary said...

wow... what a beautiful use of scraps, brenda!! the butterfly is gorgeous!!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a sweet card Brenda!
I love it's design and the fact that you used scraps to make it!
Have a fantastic Sunday!!

Dawny P said...

I love this card chick - the papers and that butterfly are fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Elizabeth Allan said...

Scraps?! Brenda I love your butterfly and those pearl accents are gorgeous!

Anita Rex said...

So pretty! Love how you used up your scraps! And good idea for the future way to use up scraps too! :> Love this sweet photo of your dd, too bad we can't get our girls together they would have a blast!

walchowDesign said...

Great use of the scraps, Brenda! Love how you colored your butterfly!