Thursday, February 9, 2012

Masculine Birthday


I decided to try and use one of the current Hero Arts sketches for a masculine birthday card I wanted to make.

Paper: card stock (PTI); patterned paper ( Bella Boulevard); watercolor paper; Neenah
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Chipped Sapphire, Brushed Corduroy & Walnut Stain distress ink
Stamps: Hero Arts (CL579; CL340; CL480)
Other: brad (Recollections); dimensional squares; corner chomper; black enamel accent

The sketch makes provisions for a ribbon or some twine tied in a bow but I wanted it to be more masculine so simply opted for a brad.

I water coloured the chair with the various distress inks, trying to make it look well worn.  Not sure how I really feel about the end result, but it's growing on me!

Wishing you a fabulous day!

12 comments:

Rosemary said...

wow brenda!! you did a fabulous job on that chair!! it looks perfectly well-worn to me!! great masculine card!!

Lisa Elton said...

Great masculine card Brenda! I think your lighter coloring in the center makes it look as though the sun is shining on the chair!

Virginia L. said...

GREAT job with this masculine card, Brenda! I love the shading and layering!

Trinh said...

Ooh I love how you colored the chair, Brenda! Makes me think of velvet. Great guy card!

walchowDesign said...

You succeeded in making the chair looked worn out, Brenda! Great idea to combine both sentiments!

Dawn T said...

Wonderful card Brenda.

CinnamonSally said...

Great masculine card Brenda!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love your cozy and warm chair Brenda. Superb masculine design!

Anita Rex said...

Brenda I really like the end result!!! :> The chair looks so real and works so well with the paper! I love the papers and the way you used banners instead of ribbon! :>

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

LOVE this card, I may just need that chair stamp!!

Michelle said...

love the sketch you chose, you did a fabulous job!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I really love the old-style charm of that chair, very beautiful design! Such an appealing one for a manly card!