Monday, September 26, 2011

Halloween Farm Fresh Challenge

The challenge over on the TGF Farm Fresh Challenge blog is to create a Halloween card and since I have the Hallo Witch digital image I thought I would give it a try.  I kept it very simple as I found this patterned paper that my wonderful friend Lisa had given to me some time ago from My Mind's Eye, and you'll see why I did not really add anything else other than the Witch!

Paper: cardstock (PTI); Neenah; My Mind's Eye
Ink: Copic Markers; Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: TGF (digital); Hero Arts (sentiment)
Other: Glossy Accents; Glitter; Dimensional squares

I matted the patterned paper on black cardstock and adhered that with dimensional squares to the purple note card.  I also popped up the sentiment and the witch image.  I pieced the pumpkin which I had added glossy accents and some glitter to for a bit of sparkle to match the sparkle in the patterned paper.  It is hard to capture on camera, but that owl is all glittery in real life.

I love that huge owl looking at the witch flying away in fear! 

Thank you for taking a peek!  Wishing you a wonderful Monday!

9 comments:

joy said...

Very scary, brenda! I'd be afraid of that huge owl, too. She sure is a cute little witch.

walchowDesign said...

Ooo.... love the pp! Love how you brought out the image of the witch with coloring but still maintaining the bg pp! Love her pumkin hairclip!

Lisa said...

What a fun idea, B! I totally forgot about that paper- this is really cool! Love how you've colored witchy too :)

sheila said...

wow! love this card Brenda! your image just pops against the black and white bold owl image. Terrific coloring too.

Barb said...

Fun combination, Brenda! Great idea and your coloring on that cute witch is beautiful!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Brenda the contrast of the colored image against the black & white owl is fantastic!

Dawn T said...

so cute Brenda. I just went and bought this little TGF image. You have inspired me to make some Halloween cards.

Alice said...

love that big owl for background. wonderful halloween card, Brenda!

Rosemary said...

wonderful halloween card, brenda! your little witch is just too cute!