Friday, June 24, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch #120

I needed a little help to get me going today so I looked at the current sketch over at Card Patterns, the challenge ends in a few hours, but I decided to go with it.  I am also in a very PTI mood today so  I used their Asian Fusion stamp set for my card.  But first off, here is the sketch we were provided:

And here is my card:

Paper: cardstock (PTI; Neenah); patterned paper (My Minds' Eye)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black & Lilac Posies); Copic Markers
Stamps: PTI (Asian Fusion); Hero Arts (Flourish Background CG119)
Other: Ribbon (South Africa); Corner Rounder; Dimensional squares; Glossy Accents; PTI Edgers Die #1

Nothing too fancy, just used some nice patterned paper and layered that onto some Chocolate Brown cardstock.  I used the PTI Edgers Die #1 to create the top scalloped piece. 

I stamped and coloured and cut out the vase, then I stamped over it with the flourish stamp from Hero Arts just to add a pattern. The vase is adhered with some dimensional squares.  The flowers are simply stamped, trimmed and I added a little bit of glossy accents here and there to some flowers.

There are a few stand alone little flowers in the set so I used the co-ordinating flower and stamped it three times next to the sentiment, and then added glossy accents to those.

As for the bow, thank goodness for Dawn Mc Vey's video tutorial on You Tube because  I am hopeless at making bows!

So, this was fun and a first for me for Card Patterns!  I am feeling over excited today, my family from South Africa are on the PLANE!!!  We get to pick them up tomorrow afternoon!  I am not sure I will be able to sleep tonight, so thank goodness for a craft room!

Have an awesome day!

6 comments:

anja curvers said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at cardpatterns.

Lisa said...

Nicely done, B. Man are those papers pretty! Love that color of pink! I was just playing with my Asian Fusion yesterday too :) Really love how that vase turned out!!

Lisa said...

A P.S. to my first comment....
Can't wait to meet your sister and neice and say hi to your mom again! I know you are anxious and excited - I am excited for you too :)

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Brenda.... and I can imagine how excited you are to catch up with family. Enjoy!!!

Alice said...

love the yummy colors you used! beautiful card, Brenda! love it! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Trinh said...

Pretty take on the sketch, Brenda! Hope you have a fantastic visit with your family!