Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Valentine

My husband's company is sending some Valentine parcels to relatives of employees who are in the armed forces, so I volunteered to make some Valentine's cards to add to their parcels.  I make cards for OWH, but for some reason this is making me slightly nervous, and I am over analysing what type of cards  I should make!  Silly, I know.  So, eventually, after about an hour of pondering, I made one card, I have 14 more to go and they need to be ready by the 2nd of February.  Here is the first, and I may in fact make more than one of the same style this time, which is not what I really like to do.  Then again, I may not!

Paper: PTI Rustic White, Making Memories
Ink: Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Heavenly Blue (CTMH)
Stamps: Hero Arts, Unity (Frame)
Other: Twine (The Twinery), Butterfly (Making Memories Die Cuts), Gem (Hero Arts), Stampin Up Border Punch

I went to Archivers today because I thought I had better get some more masculine paper (I'm not sure who I am making these cards for so I should try to have a bit of both, male and female cards).  And wow, as I walked in the door, this most beautiful Making Memories and My Minds' Eye paper was staring at me.  Just gorgeous romantic browns and rustic pinks!  So I got a few sheets, and as you can see, I very, very gingerly cut a tiny little strip of it for the scalopped border!  It's really tough to cut into gorgeous paper!

The bottom of the card is stamped with the Hero Arts Envelope Pattern stamp which I eventually received today, it found its way through the snow!

This was my first time using Unity Stamps and I have to admit that I quite like them!  They are very deeply etched red rubber, mounted on cling foam.  Very, very nice!

So, I kind of like that card, it's pretty but not in an overly girly way.  I adore that Envelope Pattern, I am probably going to overuse this stamp!

Ok, let me know what you think of this non-traditional Valentines card!

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

its beautiful, brenda! i think you should definitely make a few more just like it!

Dawn T said...

wonderful card Brenda. Beautiful papers. My envelope stamp arrived yesterday and I can't wait to use it...

Barb said...

I love non-traditional cards and colors! This is beautiful, Brenda! Love that pretty paper!

Unknown said...

Brenda, I really, really like this card !!! Thank you for showing this great background stamp you found. I am definately going to hunt his one down.
I think this is a perfect card for a guy :)

Anonymous said...

Love, Love the unconventional colors here and also, the more I see that bkgrd stamp the more I like it! It may have to go in the pile with the "mums" stamps I borrowed...you may not be getting that one back- LOL :)
Lisa

walchowDesign said...

Love this non-traditional valentine card. Love those papers as well and of course the polka dots butterfly!

lynzw21 said...

I love this card Brenda, blue and brown are one of my favourite colour combos! It's a great non girly Valentine's card and I'm sure whoever receives it will love it!

I really think I have to get that envelope stamp -I've loved it in every card I've seen so far!