Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's nearly 2011!  It's hard to believe, and it's definitely an over 40's thing, time goes faster!

I have this Hero Art stamp set that I just never use, but I love all the retro circles on it.  So today I put it to use to make this card for friends who have invited us over to their house for New Year's Eve, and seeing how I totally forgot to make them a Christmas Card (really!), a Happy New Year card is in order (and I think I am going to make her a set of Thank You cards for her own use too).

Paper: PTI cardstock
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Colorbox White, Pumice Stone, Shabby Shutters, Worn Lipstick and Broken China Distress Inks, Versamark
Other: Dimensional dots, Gems (Hero Arts), Clear Embossing Powder

This was again one of those cards that I vividly visualised in my mind (is that a common thing amongst crafters, it's happening to me a lot?).  I stamped three of the circular images with Versamark and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I then inked each one with various distress inks and punched them out and adhered them with dimensional dots onto the white cardstock.  I also stamped a few different retro circles with various inks onto the actual cardstock.

The sentiment was stamped in White Colorbox ink on a piece of black cardstock and also adhered with dimensional dots.

What the card represents to me is bursts of colorful fireworks, but that is to me of course! I wanted to keep it young, retro and viby, hopefully I have achieved this!

More tomorrow!  Thank you for popping by!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Love the way you used the circles, Brenda! Such a fun card!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda! The colours are so beautiful and I love your design! I can't believe it's nearly 2011 already either!

Rosemary said...

what a fun card to give your friends! i'm sure they will love it! have a very happy new year!