Thursday, December 30, 2010

Butterfly Flowers

Today's card is made with one of the new 2011 Hero Arts stamp called Butterfly Flowers.  I love the whimsical feel of this stamp, perfect for colouring in too! This time I decided to colour with Derwent Coloursoft pencil crayons instead of Copics, and I wanted to try colouring on Kraft.

Paper: PTI
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Derwent Coloursoft pencil crayons, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Dimensional dots

I simply stamped the image onto Kraft cardstock and coloured it in, it's therapeutic!  Even if you have no idea of colour matching, that's me (I still have to pull out the colour wheel!). it's still fun. The only thing that I noticed when colouring with pencil crayons is that it dulls the black outlines of the stamp when you colour over them.  So, I painstakingly went over every outline with a very thin black marker after I had completed the colouring!

The image is matted onto Rustic White cardstock and adhered with pop dots to the card base.  Then I used some of my paper offcuts (which I seem to hoard, even those thin strips like that purple one), and adhered those to the bottom of the card and added the sentiment from another Hero Arts 2011 set.

For those of you who have been following my blog, I am now exactly 1 month away from the BIG day, Marathon Day!  We will be doing our longest training run this weekend, 21 miles, and then thank goodness we taper right down until race day!  I am so excited, if only my legs would feel the same.  I went out on my morning run a few moments ago, but I must have left my legs behind because it was one of those mornings where just nothing was moving smoothly!  Hey, I guess we all have those days in our lives, and that is what makes us stronger, just the ability to keep moving in a forward direction.

So, onward we go, face a brand new day, and more creating! See you later!

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Gorgeous card. I really like the look of stamping on the kraft cardstock. I'm a big paper scrap hoarder as well..my husbands always telling me to just throw it away. Good luck with your Marathon Day..I used to run the halves but I praise you for going all the way!

stampingandstitching said...

This is gorgeous, Brenda! Your colouring is beautiful and the vivid colours look brilliant against the kraft! Best of luck with the training and marathon!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love your coloring on the stamp. I am especially fond of all the lavender accents. Beautiful card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love the look of the coloring pencils! Beautiful against the kraft! I still haven't done anything with this stamp yet, keep looking at it but have yet to come up with something, thanks for the inspiration!

Dawn T said...

just came across your blog Brenda... have been enjoying your creations of Flickr. Loved this card. Good luck for your marathon... that is a great thing to do. I've walked a couple of half marathons but I'm not a runner...

Rosemary said...

lovely card, brenda! the coloring is so pretty!

Michelle said...

Wow! Love these new HA stamps...must buy some!
Great coloring job! Purple and kraft are so pretty paired together.
Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy New Year!
Hugs, Michelle

Barb said...

So pretty with the purple and green against the kraft!