Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Golden Flourish

Hi there!  Sorry for not posting yesterday, I was really under the weather!  Much better today, have to be as my next race is on the 14th in preparation for the Marathon at the end of January! 

Ok, enough of that, onto something more creative.  Here is another card I made this morning for the Caring Hearts Card Drive.


Paper: Neenah Solar White, Vellum
Ink: Clear Embossing ink, Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black, Black Staz-On, Brushed Corduroy & Scattered Straw Distress Ink.
Stamps: Hero Arts Background Flourish & sentiment, Digital Poinsettia from dzdoodles
Other: Gold Embossing Powder, Gold Pearl

I stamped the Flourish stamp with clear embossing ink and heat embossed it after applying gold embossing powder.  I then lightly inked the entire surface with Scaterred Straw Distress ink, and the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink. The Poinsettia was stamped, coloured with Copics, cut out and adhered to the flourish panel.  I adhered the pearl to the flower centre using my trusted Glossy Accents as my preferred glue!  The sentiment was stamped using Staz-on onto a strip of clear vellum.

I really like how the gold embossed flourish turned out as a background and added some "class" to the card in such a simple way.

Well, I am off to try and create a few more cards this evening in the hope of seeing you back here tomorrow.  Thanks for popping by, leave me a comment, I love hearing from you.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, brenda!

Lin said...

This turned out really lovely, Brenda! I may borrow your idea of making that beautiful background flourish gold - it's so festive that way!

Sanne said...

This is so beautiful Brenda - lovely style!
Feel free to visit my blog and become a follower :)
Enjoy your weekend!
Sanne (Denmark)
http://susanneandersen.blogspot.com/