Thursday, October 28, 2010

Meet Marvy!

I met Marvy at Archiver's yesterday! Yes, Marvy Liquid Applique!  I think I might be behind the times here...  I made this card to add to the Caring Hearts Card Drive, cards are due to reach Vera by the 15th of November, please visit her blog to see if you can participate in some way.



Paper: PTI
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Copics, Pencil Crayons, Broken China and Fired Brick Distress Ink, French Blues Colorbox Chalk Ink
Other: Antique Linen Stickles, Marvy Liquid Applique, Hero Arts Gems, White Gel Pen, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool


I had so much fun using this house stamp from Hero Arts.  I stamped and coloured it in with pencil crayons and copics.  The roof, which is stamped again and applied seperately with dimensional dots, was actually stamped with Fired Brick Distress Ink.  I added the liquid applique to the roof tiles and around the windows and doors to represent snow.  I love how it goes on in liquid form and then you apply the heat tool to it, not too close, and it puffs up like puffy paint! The window blinds are filled in with Antique Linen stickles.  The background was inked lightly with Broken China Distress Ink. I also added the negative cut out from the Victorian Lace Border Die from PapertreyInk at the bottom of the card to represent mounds of snow!  I then lightly stamped some snowflakes with French Blue Colorbox Chalk Ink and added a few gems.

The panel edges were then distressed slightly.

Today is going to be a busy kitchen day, I found these awesome Oreo Cookie Mummy suckers which I want to make for my daughters' school Halloween Parade tomorrow...

 Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

fantastic card, brenda! i love how you used the pti die to create the snow! going to have to try that liquid applique...

Lavender Rose said...

Having just become a follower of your wonderful blog I am really enjoying looking through all your fabulous creations and desperately trying not to comment on every post. This is stunning. I love the dimensional effects, a very clever and inventive design.