Monday, July 17, 2017

The Sun Always Comes Up....

Despite the recent fires that devastated our town, the blackness that surrounds us both physically and emotionally, the sadness, the anger, the shock.....the sun still rises each day and on a recent morning run I decided to take my cellphone with in the hope of catching some photos that would give me a boost of positiveness, and this is what I saw.....


Brenton On Lake - the promise of a spectacular sunrise!


It was around 6h45am, cold, dark, but it did not disappoint.


I could have focused on the blackness of the trees, the death of them, the coldness of the ashen ground....but instead I chose to see through the trees and take note of the beautiful picture they helped to create.

I am so very grateful for what we have!

Just sharing.

1 comment:

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Brenda, gorgeous sunrise photos. Good for you to focus on the light, not the darkness! I have been thinking of you and wondering how you have been doing. I am so sorry to hear of the continued devastation following the fire. You are right, the sun always rises, and I'm glad you saw such beauty on your run as a reminder of the positives in life. I'm thinking of you!