Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Feminine Card

Yes I managed to find some time to make a card, this time a feminine card, totally inspired by a card in the January 2015 Papercrafts & Scrapbooking Magazine.

The card is by Joyce Lau!  I went with her sketch, a similar colour scheme and her floral stamps.  Why, because her card is stunning!  And also because I am no good at these "build up, overlay" type stamps, you know the ones, where you stamp something, then something else is stamped over it and then you have to try and make a floral arrangement with all these little pieces!  I admit I am ridiculous at this hence I never try to make bouquets for friends myself, I can't even do basic gardening!  It's sad, I know.

But in any case, I made this card and I love it:

www.infinite-possibilities.blogspot.com
Paper: cardstock (PTI)
Stamps: WPlus9 (Fresh Cut Florals); HA (Frame & Feathers; S5637 - dotted background)
Ink: CTMH; HA
Other: WPlus9 die; pop dots; Atyou Spica pen

I hope you are inspired by someone to create today!

5 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Wow, Brenda! I am not a flower person AT ALL, but I have this set. I used it once and put it away - far away. You have inspired me with this beauty - such a great design, brilliant composition, perfect colors! You got it, girlfriend! Love!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I love what you did with this floral set Brenda! A perfectly balanced card design too, very pretty!

Cindy C. said...

So pretty! Lovely take from Joyce's card Brenda!

joy said...

Brenda, your card is beautiful! I love the colors and that little cluster of flowers is just perfect. You rocked this design.

I have two sets of the "build it" variety and they are SO intimidating! I have yet to make a card with either set. :*(

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous card, Brenda, and good luck with the class at your daughter's school!