Monday, September 1, 2014

It's A String Thing #55

I've continued to play with Adele Bruno's weekly challenge, I just haven't posted them all and also not submitted them all, there simply has been no time.

This was the string we got:


I like this weeks' challenge using one of my favourite tangles called Striping, in a Monotangle.  I love monotangles, they are just such a great way to practice.  We were also to use the tangle enhancer called "Sparkle" which is where you intentionally leave a white area in your work, (or a break in your lines)  to give the illusion of the reflection of light, you'll see what I mean in a sec.

Here is my interpretation:


Shading this tangle really accentuates the "bubbled out" or "squashed" effect.

It's a busy day for me today, so just a short post.

Have a totally wonderful day!

3 comments:

Nat said...

ohhh Brenda, I love the effect, super cool design! :)

Cindy C. said...

GASP!!!!! How striking!!! The 3D effect blew me away!!!!

Pam W Merwin said...

You AMAZE me!