Saturday, September 13, 2014

Birds On A Wire

I've been trying to make time to make a few cards.  It's coming on slowly.  September has simply been a busy month with not much free time.  So I am just sharing one of the cards I made this evening.

www.infinite-possibilities.blogspot.com

Paper: cardstock (PTI); designer paper (Crate Paper); Neenah Solar White
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Distress Inks
Stamps; Artistic Outpost; SSS
Other: Spellbinders Die; MFT stencil

I've realised that I tend to make simple cards.  Clean and Simple.  But sometimes I really wish that I could do all that layering I often see and totally admire.  I often start off saying ok, I am going to make a layered collage type card come hell or high water, and lo and behold, I end up with this, simple strip of patterned paper, an image and ink!  Ugh!

Don't get me wrong, I like my card, I just want to once, just once, be able to put a nice layered collage card together!  I'll simply keep trying!

Have an awesome day!

7 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful mix of the sun-ray bg with the honeycomb stencil, Brenda! I am sure you will get around to do what you would like to do one day.

joy said...

This card is gorgeous, even if you say it is simple. I love the stenciled background behind the birds and the patterned paper sets the focal image off very nicely. Great job, Brenda!

Martha said...

Brenda, what a lovely color combination & pretty paper! Birds always tug at my heart. I love this adorably SWEET card!

Have a lovely weekend! ♥

Dawn T said...

I like your CAS cards Brenda. Like you I admire those who can embellish beautifully but know when I try it's just a Hot Mess...so your elegant simplicity appeals to me.

Jacqueline said...

You achieved some real depth with those backgrounds stamps for your focal image - very special!

Rosemary said...

your card is simply lovely, Brenda! I love the background that the birds are stamped on... it give your design a wonderful depth!

Arlene said...

Your card is simply beautiful. I love how you highlighted the birds with your shading.