Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Day 3

Another day filled with brilliant ideas I would like to try.  I decided to opt for Julie Ebersole's word search technique!

This is one where the teacher makes it look so easy but then when you try it yourself it just doesn't quite make it!  Perhaps I got impatient (my middle name) trying to get the spacing right when stamping the letters, but, I'm sharing it anyway.

www.infinite-possibilities.blogspot.com
Paper: cardstock (PTI); Neenah white cardstock
Ink: Milled Lavender & Bundled Sage distress inks; Petal dye ink (CTMH); Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: A Typeface (CTMH); Crafty Individuals (CI-131)
Other: Twine (The Twinery); Glossy Accents

I first stamped the greeting in black ink and then put various letters on three different acrylic blocks and stamped away with the Petal dye ink.  After that I sponged some distress inks over the entire panel, finishing off with some twine and a stamped and trimmed and popped image of the little girl.
My last addition was to add glossy accents over the sentiment to make it pop a little more.

It's ok, but it could be better.

Have a super duper day.  Going to try and watch the Day 4 videos!

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

This technique looks so fun!! Your card turned out great Brenda!

Lisa Elton said...

Well I think it's just darling and that you did a great job!!