Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's A String Thing #25

Time to play with Adele Bruno's challenge again, this time it's a monotangle using the tangle by Lynn Mead called Fassett, which you can find HERE.  Here is the string we were given:


I love this string, the flowing lines, beautiful!  But then to decide how to represent that tangle.  Monotangles are not always easy, for me that is.  I find myself trying to figure out ways how to make it look different in each section.

For this week's challenge I decided to do three different tiles, white, black and Renaissance.  That too was a challenge as I am not really a fan of the black tiles (only because I don't have enough experience with them).

Fassett is one of those magic tangles!  Without looking at Lynn's step-outs, can you imagine how the tangle develops?  Here is my white tile example, which is my favourite, I love all the white space and the touch of brown/Sepia micron:

It's really magic to watch it unfold one stroke at a time.  Would you  believe me if I tell you this is simply made up of triangles!  Seriously!  The secret is in connecting the tips of the nesting triangles!

Here is my Renaissance tile:


I am not sure where I was going with those white highlights, I need to practice and play a bit more.  In that one section I tried to go with some curvy lines to see how it would look.

And my Black tile:


You know why I enjoy Zentangle®, because there are no rules, and you feel like an artist when your tile is completed.

Have a fabulous day!

6 comments:

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully done! I especially like the first one!

Pam W Merwin said...

As always - AMAZING!

Lisa Elton said...

These are just mesmerizing Brenda, so FUN!!

Robin K. said...

The first tile is my fave Brenda!

Trinh said...

I'm with Robin, the first is my favorite though the 2nd one is cool too.

Annette P.-L. said...

All three are very lovely! Especially I like the first one!