Thursday, October 31, 2013

Birthday Flower

Another short post to share a birthday card I made a week or so ago when I was playing with this colour combo, which I still love very much.

I've always loved that flower from Darkroom Door, it was one of my very first sets of red rubber stamps.  As you can see, a very simple creation using the Hero Arts "Dots" woodblock stamp, stamped and white heat embossed.

The flower was simply stamped on patterned paper that I found in my scrap basket.

Adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: "Anything Goes" which you can find HERE.

Some EXCITING news on the side, I leave a week from today for Providence, Rhode Island to attend the CZT Seminar in the hope of becoming a Certified Zentangle Teacher!!!  From my research it looks like there are only 3 in South Africa but they are all in a different province, so I hope to be the first in Kwazulu-Natal!  It's going to be a worldwind tour.  The course starts on Sunday evening and finishes on the Wednesday morning.  Then it's rush back home to make it for my Wedding Anniversary which I would not want to miss!  And then 2 weeks later we all leave as a family for the USA, (yes, again), to spend some time with my in-laws and celebrate Natasha's 8th birthday with them, and attend two of Michael's work events and, YES, see my awesome friend Lisa!  I just cannot wait!

Have a brilliant day!

11 comments:

Barb said...

I'm so excited for you! Sounds like you'll be quite the traveler soon!

Love your card, Bren! Those colors really are pretty together!

Dawn T said...

Lovely card and well done on getting on the Zentangle course. You will do well. Enjoy

joy said...

How exciting, Brenda! I am so happy for you to be going to the CZT seminar. There are several certifieds here in this area, even a married couple who conduct classes at the LSS. Have fun. Will you be offering classes when you get settled back home?

And, how exciting that you will be coming to the states for another visit; I know that will be a happy time, too.

Oh, and BTW, the card is very pretty. LOL

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, Brenda!! have fun on your trip to Rhode Island!

Martha said...

Hi, Brenda! What a darling card! I love the color combination, the fun dots, & the lovely flower! There is something about "dots" that always catches my eye. Well done!

WOW...how FUN that you will be doing a Zentangle certification! You've certainly mastered this craft! ENJOY!

AND, enjoy all your other FUN visits!

walchowDesign said...

How exciting that you will become a zentangle teacher soon, Brenda!

How lucky that you will be going to USA again.

Unknown said...

I love this color combination. Great stamping!!

Maureen Morton said...

So full of happy news, Brenda! What a whirlwind! Love this card and the colors - same as my kitchen! Safe travels.

Trinh said...

Wow, how awesome, Brenda! I am so excited for your upcoming adventures and wish you safe travels.

Lisa said...

Love the polka dots and then the polka-hearts on the flower :) Too cute!
So excited for you to get your CZT certification. You really are a go-getter my friend. One of the many things I admire about you. Have a wonderful time and when you get back we MUST discuss details about your arrival here :)
I CANNOT WAIT! XXX

Nat said...

beautiful card Brenda! I would love to take a tangle class from you :) enjoy your trip :)