Thursday, August 15, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #41


I thought I would play with THIS challenge again seeing as they posted the new sketch for the week.

Do you laugh at yourself sometimes, the cards you make?  I do, a lot.  And tonight was one of those nights.  I have no clue why I designed this card this way, the only things I know for sure are:

1) I wanted to use this sketch in a different orientation
2) I wanted to use those sun rays
3) I wanted to use the HA Latte Chalk Ink and the Pale Tomato mid-tone ink

That's it!  No idea what those sun rays actually represent on this card, maybe the brain waves "thinking" seeing as this is a Thinking of You card.  WHO KNOWS?????  Here it is, yes, you can join in my laughter, it's ok, I can handle it.

Paper: cardstock (PTI)
Ink: HA Chalk Ink (Latte) & Mid Tone Shadow Ink (Pale Tomato)
Stamps: PTI (Hello Sunshine); Hero Arts (Sweet Threads Label)
Other: corner rounder; dimensional  foam

I'm going to try to be a more "serious" card maker for my next post.  But the important thing is that I am having fun.

Off to try and finish the book I am reading.  My hubby bought me a stunning Kindle which I am not allowing myself to use until I finish this "real" book!  Wish I could speed read (I use to, not anymore).

I just want to give a shout out to a new follower, Sandy, who is religiously posting such nice comments, thank you!  I go and check everytime if you have posted something so that I can return your kindness but no new posts, so this is my official thank you to you!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Well whatever they represent I like it!! Love those colors too. Might have to invest in the HA ink, I've been seeing a lot of it lately!

Barb said...

Love this wonderful take on the sketch, Bren! Such a cool card!

Rosemary said...

I really like you unique take on the sketch, Brenda... I think it is really fun!

alexandra s.m. said...

I really like that burst of gold above the "Thinking of you" Beautifully done. It's fun to let the mojo take over isn't it?

Dawn T said...

interesting card design Brenda.

Lisa said...

You just make me laugh!! The design does sort of remind me of someone having a "lightbulb" moment. Too funny!! I always love how when you set our mind to using certain stamps and/or colors etc.. that you come up with something no matter what! LOL

Cathy Weber said...

What a great card...love the fun explanation of those sun rays too! Such a cute idea for the card using the inspiration sketch!

Trinh said...

I love that you go with it and share the outcome with us! And really, who says everything we create has to be meaningful and realistic?

Michelle said...

Awesome design, Brenda!