Saturday, May 18, 2013

Father's Day #1

Ok, so now I am busy making a few Father's Day cards for my friends' market.  This is the first one I came up with after dabbing a few different Distress Stains on my craft sheet and pulling my paper through it.  I ended up really liking this colour combo.

Paper: Cardstock (PTI; Neenah)
Ink: Distress Stains (Chipped Sapphire; Weathered Wood; Broken China; Antique Linen); Adirondack (Denim); Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: PTI
Other: dimensional dots

The background sort of looks like the Milky Way to me. What do you think?

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the lovely comments you are all leaving me, I appreciate them so much!  Wishing you a spectacular day!

14 comments:

Barb said...

What a cool card, Bren! Awesome background!

Lisa said...

Pure awesome-ness my friend!! WOW!
I was totally thinking it looked like outer space/the universe- It is really COOL! and I love that you added the "world" image and I love the color combo.
Looks like someone found her mojo??
XXX

Lisa said...

Wow Brenda your background turned out great!! Perfect DAD card ;)

Moz said...

Really cool card B! Aren't those stains awesome! Yes, you're back in the groove.... Hugz

Dawn Turley said...

love the background you created Brenda. The touch of the darker blue looks lovely.

Anita Rex said...

I love t background you created! It looks great! Love the plots! Such a perfect masculine card!

paula laird said...

Hi Brenda, I love your fathers day card. That background looks amazing. I agree that it does look like the milky way. I bet whoever gets this gorgeous card will love it.

Robin K. said...

Awesome card Brenda!!!! I really love that bg you created!!!!

Martha said...

WOW, what a FABULOUS background on this LOVELY card! I love...love...love the colors & design! The popped-up letters & the world are the perfect finishing touches. It's all SO artistic looking!

HUGS! ♥

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love the swirling blues. A very galactic design.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous and it has so much depth ;-)
Bravo Brenda!!

Nat said...

lovin this and the sentiment is perfect!!

Rosemary said...

wonderful father's day card, Brenda!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow... that background is super cool! Awesomesauce. :)