Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Jacqueline Inspired

I have always been inspired by Jacqueline, on many levels, and her grid - cards are one of them.  You can find all her creations here on her BLOG.  There is so much that offers inspiration, so just take your time and browze.

I was looking for an idea for a social crafty get together that I want to have with my sister and her two friends when I get back from holiday and I thought about "how to use up your paper scraps".  And the minute I thought of that I thought of Jacqueline!

So, I looked through my scraps, got out my square punch and went to work.  Jacqueline's work has more of a dreamy quality to it, it's like perfection really, my version is maybe a little "sterile" if that is the right word, maybe it was my choice of colours, but, I am still happy that I used up some scraps.

So here is my card:


The blue pieces are left over bits from an image I had stamped and heat embossed in white.  The other squares are patterned paper.  I stamped and white heat embossed that little heart from one of the SSS sets and adhered it with some dimentional tape.  The sentiment is Hero Arts.

I'm going to make a few more, this time maybe creating a stamped collage and then punching out the squares.

Well, it's almost 11pm here, we leave tomorrow for a holiday to the USA, and lo and behold I am still not packed.  I wanted to pack very light and just do some wash once a week, but for some reason it's a really challenging thing to do!  So  I will be up for a while still!

Not sure when I will post again, so forgive me if I am absent for a little while, but I'll see you back in April!

Hugs to all xxxx.

13 comments:

Barb said...

Brenda, I'm so excited for you! I know your really looking forward to your trip back to the states - you're gonna have such a fabulous time!

Love your grid card tonight - beautiful colors! Jacqueline has been inspiring so many of us lately, and it's no wonder - she creates beauties every time! Safe travels and enjoy! :)

Moz said...

Brenda, I love this card and the colors are great together. I'm off to explore Jacqulines blog some more. Thanks for the lovely chat and coffee yesterday and enjoy your holiday and have fun! Hugz

Lisa Elton said...

A fun idea and a lovely card Brenda! Have a safe and blessed holiday!!

joy said...

I love Jacqueline's cards, too, Brenda! Have fun on your vacation -WooHoo!!

walchowDesign said...

Great use of all the scraps, Brenda! All the pp falls nicely together and with the extra touch of the heart shape.

Have a lovely trip to USA and say hello to Lisa too!

Maureen Morton said...

So excited that you are headed to the golden state - my home! You don't need many clothes, so you're thinking right. Love this card and the use of patterned papers (I'm taking the class). And you know I always love heart! Thanks and enjoy, Brenda.

Dawn T said...

delightful Brenda. Enjoy your holiday and we will see you back in April.

Jacqueline said...

Nothing 'sterile' about this card, Brenda - its just beautiful!! I love the fact that you used your scraps in such a lovely way! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your "grid" card Brenda!
Safe Travels to you~

Michelle said...

Jacqueline's cards are so beautiful! Yours is superb!! Love the squares, Brenda!

Pajalu said...

This is just so pretty. I love how you where inspired to make this card. I hope your holiday is going well.

Nat said...

gosh this is a beauty Brenda, very inspiring card. Wishing you a happy Easter! :)

Martha said...

Brenda, what a FABULOUS way to use your scraps. I love the pretty colors & design. The sweet "heart" is the perfect finishing touch! Love your card!

I agree, Jacqueline, inspires many of us.

Sending you HUGS!