Monday, January 7, 2013

Hero Arts January Contest

Right, it's a new year, so let me try to make a concerted effort to participate, each month of 2013, in the Hero Arts' monthly contests.  I think I managed the whole of last year, I'll have to go back and double check.

I enjoy their contests as they really do offer quite a bit of variety.  This month there is a colour challenge, a theme challenge and a technique (ATC's) challenge.  You can see the challenge details HERE.


I opted for a combination of ATC and the colour challenge.  It's been a while since I made an ATC and I do really love those little piecesof art.


Paper: cardstock (PTI); designer paper unknown; Neenah
Ink: Dried Marigold & Iced Spruce distress ink; Soft Granite shadow ink (HA); Copic markers
Stamps: Hero Arts (Two Birds; True Friends)
Other: Rustic Twine (PTI); gems (HA); scalloped punch (Stampin' Up)


I was thinking of creating this ATC and then adding it to the front of a standard card.  But I changed my mind, and simply made the ATC itself into a little card.  I know that that changes the actual meaning of an ATC, probably just makes it NOT an ATC, but it's ok, I like it just as it is.

There was no need for a sentiment as I carefully inked that background stamp exactly over the words I wanted to use on my ATC card.  The edges of the ATC are softly inked with some Iced Spruce for some depth.  The little birdie is stamped with Soft Granite shadow ink (yum...) and then popped up with foam adhesive.  I added a little bit of Copic blue to fit in with the colour challenge.  These were the suggested colours, you had to use 3-4 from the palette.


We spent a glorious 3 days at the beach with the most spectacular weather!  School starts again in another week and a half so that still leaves us some time to go and play at the dam!

Wherever you are, I hope that you are having a fabulous day!  And if you are in the mood for crafting, give this months' Hero Arts contest a go!

7 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Brenda, I love your "not" ATC (I would still think it was one). It is so cute. That bird is just the best. The colours looks lovely as well. Maybe I should try an ATC too.

Barb said...

I love that you made it into a little card! So pretty! Glad to hear you enjoyed the beach! Hugs!:)

joy said...

Such a great little ATC/card, Brenda! You've used the colors so nicely and I love the bird image.

Cindy C. said...

Hi Brenda, lovely ATC/card! Love the soft bg, and birdie is cute!

Jacqueline said...

So glad you were able to enjoy the beach, Brenda.
I just love the bird on your ATC, goes so well with your background!
Greetings

Maureen Morton said...

What a sweet little card (and think it is still an ATC, but who cares?!). That background is adorable - the perfect setting. So glad you are enjoying the beach - wish I was there!

Moz said...

Love the colors - even better IRL!
Hugz