Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013!

So a new year begins!  I wonder what it has in store for us?  All I know is that we need to make the best of every day and be eternally grateful to have another day on this planet.  Last year seems to have gone by so quickly, but I guess that's because of my age.  It's been an incredible revelation to notice how life means something completely different as one ages.  What used to mean X when I was 20 now means Y!  Phew, I've learned a lot about myself in this last year, it's just scary that I still feel, at my age, that I have a fair amount of "growing up" to do.  Do you feel the same way about certain aspects of your life?  I wonder...I hope I am not alone!

A big thank you to all the crafting friends I have made during this past year, all your endless comments and dedication to pay a visit to my blog.  All your encouragement, your friendship has meant a lot to me.

Ok, I guess enough of the philosophy, let me share my card with you:

Paper: cardstock (Soft Stone: PTI); designer paper (PB & J: Basic Grey)
Ink: Fired Brick distress ink; Versafine Onyx black
Stamps: Lauderdale Floral & Sweet Threads Label (Hero Arts - Basic Grey); MFT (sentiment)
Other: clear embossing powder; pop dots; corner rounder

I'm late to the party when it comes to the gorgeous papers to be found in the PB & J 6x6 paper pad, but heck, I love it!  The flower was heat embossed, trimmed and adhered with some foam adhesive for dimension.

Only two more days wtih my brother and his family and then they go back to France.  It's been a great visit, I'm so happy that he is my brother, a very special guy!

Wishing you a great start to 2013!  May all your crafting desires come true and may your mojo be in abundance this entire year!

15 comments:

Barb said...

Happy New Year, Bren!!! Love your fun card! Enjoy the last couple of days with your brother! Hugs! :)

Tina said...

Brenda, that makes two ;-) I wish you a very happy year full of discoveries.

Robin K. said...

Those are some fun papers Brenda!!! I love your dimensional flower and cute sentiment banner!! Thanks for sharing your thought provoking sentiments- I think we have all felt the same way at one time or another:). And I think life would be very boring indeed if we already knew all of the answers.....

Pajalu said...

Hi Brenda your card is beautiful. I wish you a Happy New Year.

Rosemary said...

beautifully done, brenda! i don't have the pb&j papers, but your card sure has convinced me to take a look!

Dawn T said...

Happy New Year Brenda. Hope 2013 is good to you. This last year has been a big one for you, with moving countries. Your card today is just lovely. Gorgeous PP

walchowDesign said...

Happy New Year to you, Brenda! Time really flies and I could feel that age is really catching up with me too! I am also grateful to have known you thru blogland and likewise thank you for your friendship and your frequent visit to my blog too!

Such a great card to start off the new year!

Martha said...

Hi, Brenda! Love your post. I agree, and feel the same way about time passing so quickly.

Love your PRETTY card...fun design and lovely colors and paper.

Enjoy your last days with your brother. Isn't family the best!?

Happy New Year & Happy Crafting!
HUGS ♥

Sue Lelli said...

CUTE card! LOVE the colors and the heat embossed flower! Happy New Year! It's sunny and going to be 78 degrees here today!

Emily Leiphart said...

Happy New Year, Brenda! I love your sweet card and your words ring true. In trying times, I have felt like such a big baby but I really am the adult! An old adult, in fact. LOL! Wishing you all wonderful things for 2013!

Maureen Morton said...

What a sweet reflection, Brenda. And your thoughts are right on - made me think, too. I am so glad you've had this special time with your brother. This card is great - it has a wonderful textural feel and the layout is fun. Take care and blessings for the new year, dear pal.

Jacqueline said...

Glad you had a lovely time with your family Brenda and a very Happy New Year to you!

Moz said...

Lovely card Brenda and the papers are delish!
See you next week.
Hugz
Moz

CinnamonSally said...

Happy New Year Brenda, hope its a fun and creative one for you. Love your pretty card.

Michelle said...

Well said, Brenda! And I feel the same way you do! Fun card, love the paper!