Monday, November 12, 2012

Lace Bouquet

A new friend just had a birthday (I only just found out) and I wanted to make her a card.  I wanted something soft and gentle because this lady, wow, nothing seems to phase her, she is always so calm, always speaks in the most gentle voice!  Such a contrast to me.

Paper: cardstock (PTI); designer paper (Simple stories - Fabulous)
Ink: HA (Bubblegum mid-tone ink; Soft Pool shadow ink); Gray Flannel - Memento); Antique Linen Distress ink
Stamps: PTI (Lace Bouquet; Tiny Tags I)
Other: Tiny Tags DIe (PTI); PTI butterfly die: Martha Stewart butterfly punch; HA pearl; Twine (The Twinery); corner chomper

It was a hot an muggy day here yesterday, 93F!  No rain, yippee! But no air-conditioning either!

The Craft Market is over and I received my reconciliation last night and am very happy to have sold 50% of my goods.  Now I just hope that there are enough Christmas cards left so that I don't have to make another ONE for my personal use!  I had made 4 little treat boxes with some chocolates in and they were embellished for Teacher's gifts and those went on the first day, so maybe there is a demand for those kinds of gifts as the school year winds up here for us in South Africa.

Have an awesome day!
 

13 comments:

Pajalu said...

Your card is beautiful. I'm glad that you did well at the market. It sounds like it was good

alexandra s.m. said...

love your card.
I have the same stamp but i have not been very successful with it. YOu make me have another go at it!
Thank You and I'm very happy for you...not surprised because you are so talented but happy nonetheless.

walchowDesign said...

Such a pretty card and love how you put the butterfly together with the tag!

Congrats on your successful sale, Brenda!

Tracey said...

It's GORGEOUS!! I am sure she will LOVE it!

KellyRae, Arizona said...

Lovely card - I adore the pretty pink with that snippet of green gingham patterned paper AND the rounded corners.

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on your first Craft Market Brenda, glad it went well! Your new friend sounds like a great lady and I KNOW she will love this soft elegant card!

Sue Lelli said...

Such a Pretty card, Brenda! LOVE that bubblegum color for the flowers and your cute butterflies and tiny tag! I'll bet she loved it! CONGRATS on your successful craft market!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Brenda your card captures your friend's beautiful personality perfectly!

Maureen Morton said...

This card is super-dear, Brenda. Love the details you've added. So glad you have found such a nice friend (I need that kind, too, as I tend to the the loud-mouth!). Great job on your sale - would love to have seen it.

Jacqueline said...

Oh I know how that feels, hot and no air conditioning! Your card is beautiful Brenda!!

sheila said...

this is a beautiful birthday card.....I am sure your friend will adore it. Congrats on selling so much of your wares....that is really impressive. I think your so brave to be confident enough to sell your creations....I don't know that I would have that confidence at all! You must have enjoyed each and every sale.

Dawn T said...

somehow I missed this post Brenda. What a very elegant card. The green down the side really finishes it beautifully.

Michelle said...

Beautiful card, Brenda! It is soft and delicate! The butterfly is so pretty!