Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Yuletide

I am loving this paper collection from Memory Box called Yuletide.  I used it to make two Christmas cards last night, I'll share one of them with you today.


Paper: cardstock (PTI); Neenah; designer paper (Memory Box)
Ink: Gray Flannel (Memento); Fired Brick distress ink
Stamps: Stampin' Up (Language of Friendship); Hero Arts (Merry Christmas)
Other: gold ribbon (stash); Woodgrain embossing folder

I borrowed the sketch from my friend Trinh in Texas, I even used it for the second card I liked it so much.  Thanks Trinh!

The birdie is paper pieced and the little wing is popped up with dimensional squares. I created a woodgrain background using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I woke up to a general power failure in town.  Then I discovered that I had no Internet connection!  (It's all back up now).  It's grey and cold and raining, so we've postponed the visit to the Childrens' home for tomorrow.  But, it's still a good day!  I hope yours is too!

15 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I've got some catching up to do on your blog Brenda! This caught my eye in the thumbnail on my sidebar - just love the Christmas feel the strip gives to this beautiful CAS creation!

joy said...

Pretty card, Brenda! I love the sketch, the papers and the popped up wing on the bird. Glad your power is back on.

Barb said...

So pretty, Bren! I love the embossed woodgrain background - so perfect for that sweet, little birdie!

Lin said...

So sweet - love it, Brenda!

Lisa Elton said...

This is darling Brenda! I REALLY like the music paper!! Hope your weather clears up soon ;)

Cindy C. said...

Very sweet and cute Brenda!

Trinh said...

What a pretty card, Brenda! I love the sweet little bird. So glad I could give you a starting point!

Robin K. said...

Love that sketch too! Love how you used the musical note pp strip in your design- perfect with that sweet birdie! Glad you got your power back- it's so inconvenient when that happens:(

Sue Lelli said...

This is so PRETTY, Brenda! LOVE the design, the sheet music, and the little birdie!

Dawn T said...

it is a lovely card Brenda. Love your little bird. Has given me a great idea for a card too.

Elizabeth Allan said...

So cute how the birdie is sitting on the band of music patterned paper!

alexandra s.m. said...

I ADORE your card Brenda!
and I'm sending you sunshine greetings from...
guess where...
Austin, TX!!

sheila said...

great design here Brenda! I love the homespun look of this card...and placing the bird on top of the musical strip is genius my friend! perfect!

Anita Rex said...

Oh I love this Holiday card! So pretty and love that paper too! :> Glad to hear that even with some issues your day is still great!

Martha said...

OH, this is SO...SO...SWEET! The bird is adorable. Love the texture, layers, and the darling little tag! BEAUTIFUL card! I love it!

HUGS!