Thursday, June 21, 2012

Birthday - Word Shadow

I think this is the last of those 3h30am cards that I made back in Houston.

I cannot tell you the paper manufacturer as these were all scraps from my basket.  The stamp was done on Neenah White and punched out with a scalloped circle punch  (2") by EK Success.

For some reason my brain was so focused on only being able to use a plain circle punch to punch these circles out, and then I saw my scalloped circle punch, and I LOVE IT!

I'm sorry that I have not visited any blogs really since we arrived in South Africa, but I have been doing some running around.  I know that once we actually move into our house things will be better.  But thanks to all of you who continue to visit me, and thank you for your supportive comments too!

As my crafting goodies are still no where to be seen, some sort of delay with the Airfreight, I am unable to make anything, but in order to keep my blog going I may simply post some random photos from time to time until I can actually make a card or something!


This is where we are currently staying.  We rented a two bedroom flatlet (condo) and this photo is taken from one of the grounds around the place.  Bear in mind it is winter here.  It's about 10 minutes drive from Natasha's school and same distance to the gym and the stores.

Wishing you a fabulous day!

17 comments:

Dawn T said...

Another wonderful card Brenda. The scallop punch is perfect for the stamped circles. Love the photos. I've never been to South Africa but have visited Zimbabwe. What city are you living in?

Lisa Elton said...

Love the red in this card Brenda and goodness what a beautiful photo from Africa. Glad you're settling in it was good to hear from you ;)

Barb said...

Hi Bren! How are ya?! Good to see a post from you! Love this card - those colors are beautiful together! I sure hope you receive your craft goodies soon - must be frustrating, but I'm glad you'll still be posting, even if it's just a few pics here and there - looks lovely where you're staying - sending hugs!

Maureen Morton said...

Brenda - don't worry about not keeping up with blogs. You are in the middle of a life-changing event! I didn't realize that you weren't going straight into your house. You must feel so unsettled. Just take care of yourself and your little sweetie. Love this card with the scallop - great texture border, too.

CinnamonSally said...

So pleased you are settling in Brenda, it will be so much better when you have your own place. Keep sharing the photo's, you must really be missing your craft stuff!!

Rosemary said...

hello, brenda! you have posted a lovely card today! i'm so sorry your crafty supplies have not arrived yet, but hope they show up soon so you can get back to crafting!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I can only imagine all the running around and the sort of never ending lists you must have Brenda!
Take your time and I for one love it when you share tidbits about your "new" life!
Great Card my Friend!

Take Care~

Michelle said...

Hey Brenda! You've been on my mind...hope all is well! And hope Natasha is adjusting to new surroundings. Beautiful picture of the grounds. Wishing you all the best!
Beautiful card for 3am! Love the color contrast!

Stella said...

The card is gorgeous; I hope you are already feeling settled. Despite the fact that you are still missing your craft supplies...

Cindy C. said...

Glad to see your post Brenda. Looks like you're in a transition period, and the place where you're renting looks great! Take care.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Brenda your new neighborhood looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing the picture and your card too!

Jacqueline said...

Dear Brenda, it was good to hear from you!! I see you have arrived in S.A. Wishing you all the best in the world, in settling down and finding your feet again.
Your card is lovely! Looking forward to your next post!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card, Brenda and we miss you here!! Your current place looks beautiful, too.

Lisa said...

I recognize that red flower paper! I like the red and blue together- it's a fresh combo :)
makes me sad though that htis is probably one of the last cards I get to see in person :(

The apt. area looks beautiful! Must be nice to wake up to that much green in the morning! You know how jealous I am!

Trinh said...

So good of you to share during this busy time, Brenda! Love the pop of red with that pretty light aqua on your card. And your new home looks pretty, especially for winter! Take care and hope you get your stuff soon.

Martha said...

Hi, Sweet Brenda!
I love the color combination on your beautiful card. The red strip of paper is perfect with the pretty papers and design. You created lots of fabulous cards during your 3:30 am crafting time. I love it!

Thanks for sharing your photos. It looks like a beautiful town. I hope your crafting supplies make it to you soon!

Hope you and Natasha are doing well. Take care!
HUGS to you, my friend!

walchowDesign said...

Love all the greenery around your appartment, Brenda! Hope you are doing well and take care!