Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tina's 90 Minute Scramble

Tina is the lovely lady hosting the 90 Minute Scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr site HERE today. She provided us with a gorgeous inspiration photo:


I totally focused on the 3 main colours and the idea of flowers and came up with this:

Paper: cardstock (PTI)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Spun Sugar & Worn Lipstick distress ink
Stamps: Hero Arts
Other: clear embossing powder; washi tape (Freckled Fawn); ribbon (SSS April card kit ); gem brad (old stash)

I had just received some Washi Tape from Freckled Fawn, (their store is worth looking at, you could get carried away!).  And the colours on this cute little roll, called "Love Graph" totally matched the colours I wanted to use.  And on my desk was the green ribbon I had received in my April Simon Says Stamp Card kit.

The flower was an easy decision, I love all my flower stamps from Hero Arts.  The flower is heat embossed, there are two parts to the flower.  Both were water coloured with distress inks and then I went over the centre flower with the darker Worn Lipstick.  The white panel is adhered with some dimensional foam squares.

I hope that you are all having a wonderful Easter weekend.  We are experiencing the most beautiful weather, so much so that my daughter now wants to get in the pool!  So I am off to see what the water temperature feels like because I DO NOT like cold swimming water!

6 comments:

Robin K. said...

Love your take on the inspiration photo Brenda!!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter :) We've been having unusually warm weather here in the Northeast but not warm enough to go swimming!

Anita Rex said...

Brenda this is sooo pretty! I like the two top strips of the washi paper! I missed this scramble but I am inspired to make a wreath with material flowers instead of felt! :> We have had nicer weather too but not pool weather yet! Glad the weather is so nice before you move!

Rosemary said...

this is just so pretty, brenda! a perfect take on the inspiration photo... wishing you and natasha a wonderful Easter!

alexandra s.m. said...

Great card Brenda!
Have a wonderful Easter Sunday and enjoy the weather, it's cold here in the city of lights ;-S

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, I didn't realize I had missed a scramble yesterday! Looks like it was a fun one. This card is gorgeous, Brenda! I love those little washi tape banners. Eeek, you are enabling again. ;)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful Brenda!