Friday, April 13, 2012

So Much Fun

(Side Note - I am selling some stamps, just click on the "items for sale" tab at the top)


I am having fun with this months' Hero Arts Contest, especially the sketches, can you tell?  And I am definitely gravitating towards one particular sketch.

Watching Julie's video on the Hero Arts blog about paper piecing, looking at her lovely whimsical card and just listening to her happy and bubbly voice, I was inspired to make a card using paper piecing and more of the scraps lying in my basket.

Here is what I made:

Paper: cardstock (PTI); designer paper (Lawn Fawn; MME; Other)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: Hero Arts (CL377 - sentiment; CG128 - Three Flowers)
Other: Washi Tape (Freckled Fawn); scalloped edge punch (Stampin' Up)

I did turn the sketch upside down and I also placed the sentiment in a different area.

Don't you love that little sky filled with clouds and hearts?!  It's two strips of Washi Tape from Freckled Fawn!  After laying down those strips at the top I stamped the flower.  Then I stamped it again 4 times on different pieces of patterned paper!  Now, I am a bit conservative with my paper and I don't stamp the entire image on patterned paper to just cut out the two green leaves for example.   I just stamp that area of the image and cut it out.

I don't often make whimsical type cards but I like this flower, it's nice and big and well, just the perfect flower!  I hope you like it too!

I hope you are having a wonderful day and doing some of the things you love to do!  I am slowly working through my craft room, making mental notes about what I want to take as airfreight to tide me over once we are back in South Africa.  The seafreight, once it leaves Houston, will take anything from 10 to 12 weeks!  And there is no way I can wait that long to make "stuff", so I am going to forfeit on clothing and pack more crafty goodness into my suitcases too!  You would too wouldn't you?!

9 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Definitely, I would make space for crafty goodness more than clothes!
A great take on the sketch, that turn around is really neat!

Lisa Elton said...

So sweet and whimsical Brenda, LOVE the Washi tape!! I'm chuckling about your packing of the crafting goodies!

CanadianScraps43 said...

wow I love the whimiscal feel to this card. So happy to see all your creations again. Hugs.

Pam W Merwin said...

I love that flower - it is one of my favorite stamps! How about that washi tape sky :) That is really neat!

sheila said...

This is adorable Brenda! I love that washi tape.....so cute.

Emily Leiphart said...

Ohhhhh, I am swooning that you have that Freckled Fawn washi tape! It looks amazing on your beautiful card, Brenda! I love that you flipped the sketch, too.

Maureen Morton said...

I agree - go for the craft supplies and live in your pj's for awhile, Brenda! Ha! Love the whimsey of this cute card - and that you flipped the sketch. I also agree with you, Julie's videos make you want to jump in and play! Love this and good luck with your sorting. Hugs!

Rosemary said...

what a fun take on the sketch, brenda!! so sweet!

Michelle said...

this is such a fun card, Bren! I do love the tape you used, so creative! I too would pack less clothes and more crafts!!!