Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hello Fern

I love my Three Ferns wooden stamp from Hero Arts and got it out to make this card:

Paper: cardstock (PTI); pp (TPC Studio)
Ink: Hero Arts Latte & Iris chalk ink
Stamps: Hero Arts (Three Ferns S5154; sentiment CL342)
Other: Rustic Twine; Tiny Tags (PTI); Large Scallop Die (PTI)

I have no idea whether a Fern would be considered a flower now that I have to actually think about it, so not really sure if it fits into this months' theme at Hero Arts.

I like the touch of purple on the ends of the ferns, (just be careful as it does contaminate the chalk ink pad when you do that!) Where are my Distress Ink Markers?????I have ordered them, and they should be coming very soon.

It's grey, windy and wanting to rain, one of those days that look like a Soup or coffee day....until you step outside and realise how warm it actually is.

My daughter is having her class photos done today and wanted a very specific hairdo!!!!  Not really sure it's up my alley, but this is about her right, her character, not me wanting a picture perfect moment...oh, and of course, it comes without saying that there has to be THE POSE!


Have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Brenda! I love that tiny tag. And your daughter is sooo cute with her side ponytail, outfit and pose!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my stars is your little one a cutie patootie!! Love her sassy little outfit, hairdo and get out...what a pose! Hey your card's not bad either!!! LOL PRETTY ;)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Brenda, your card is beautiful and I love the touch of purple on the fern. Great job. Your daughter is adorable.

Judy1223 said...

Brenda, I love this fern card, just lovely! I also got a chuckle from the pose your sweet daughter is striking...girls have definite opinions from early on, don't they? So cute!

Maureen Morton said...

Great card, Brenda - a perfect match of paper and stamp. Love the colored tips on the fern. And, needless to say the school girl is adorable! What a ham! Love it (& her shoes)! Have a good weekend.

Barb said...

Oh, she is so cute - and getting so big too!

Love the pretty way you've inked the fern, Bren! Those big scallops are so fun with the sentiment tag hanging from them!

Rosemary said...

oh my gosh!! what a cute picture of your daughter!! love!! and your card is pretty fantastic, too!! :)

Dawn T said...

totally gorgeous card Brenda... and what a little cutie your daughter is... posing and all....

walchowDesign said...

Love how inked the fern. Your is so sweet with her pose and ponytail!

Martha said...

OH Brenda, your daughter is a cutie pie! Love her ponytail and pose! Such a precious picture.

Love your card with the Three Ferns and pretty scallops.