Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Love You Forever


I'm still being good about trying to use up those 6 X 6 designer paper packs!  From one sheet I am making two cards.  On the first card I try to cover the entire card front with patterned paper, and on my second card I use the left over strip down the side or bottom of the card.  (I'll show you the 2nd card tomorrow.)

There is a new challenge this week over at Simon Says Stamp and it's "Anything Goes", so I will add this card there.

Paper: Basic Grey (Sweet Threads); Neenah
Ink: CTMH
Stamps: PTI
Other: Corner Chomper

Look at that gorgeous patterned paper, isn't it beautiful!  This card looks like it could be a notebook cover to me.  And I am really loving the stamps ,and especially the sentiments, in the new PTI Anniversary stamp set.  As you can see I did not do much work here, the flower and leaves are popped up and the card corners are rounded.

It is so warm out today.  It's actually going to get into the 80's this week!  Wow, already!

Wishing you a spectacular day and thank you so much for taking the time to visit me!

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This IS pretty paper Brenda! And your pretty bloom really pops; lovely card!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Brenda you blend patterned papers and stamping elements majestically!! Beautiful!

Lisa said...

These papers are so fab to work with! Simple card, but packs a big punch :)

Tracey said...

VERY beautiful Brenda!!! All you elements match so perfectly....LOVE that!!!

Maureen Morton said...

AH, Brenda - this is incredibly dear! The paper reminds me of a country cotton dress and I so love that sentiment. You are doing such a good job of meeting your objectives of using the paper pads! Such a delight.

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card, brenda! so wishing i had that anniversary set... but i have a few more points to earn before i can get one... :( you have used it beautifully!

Barb said...

That paper really is pretty, Brenda, and I love your beautiful flower! Looking forward to tomorrow's card!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your card!
It is so pretty!!
TFS~

Martha said...

Hi, Brenda!

WOW! You've used this pretty pp and the lovely PTI anniversary set so beautifully! Fabulous card!

I'm so guilty of having lots of patterned paper...AND...stamps. I'm also trying to use up more of my paper. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

Hugs!

Tiffany Ervin said...

You are making such good use with your patterned papers!! We are such hoarders, aren't we? ;) I need to use all mine up too before I buy anymore! Love the oval shape with the sentiment inside!

Trinh said...

That paper is beautiful & I love how you paired it with the PTI set.

Dawn T said...

very pretty PP Brenda. And your flower and label are so pretty

walchowDesign said...

This is so pretty! Although you used the same pp as the other card (I visited the card earlier) it gives such a different look on the card!

Joy said...

Brenda this is so beautiful, I love the elegance of this card... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Michelle said...

ok...I'm going to buy the anniversary set from PTI. You make it look sooo lovely! The flower looks so pretty against the frame!