Thursday, February 2, 2012

A for Love

I  just had to use this stamp in the January Unity KOM set to make a Valentine's card for my hubby.

Paper: cardstock (PTI); Neenah
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Memento - Lady Bug
Stamps: Unity
Other: Sizzix Embossing Folder; Dimensional adhesive foam; Holographic Embossing powder

It's simple, not much to it but it did require being stamped three times as I wanted just the heart red and the banner stamped with some Holographic Embossing powder and then popped up.  No need for a sentiment in my opinion, it's what will be written inside that will count!  I think that the dry embossing and the black cardstock added to the masculinity of the card.

Not much going on today, just need to go to the Post Office to send Martha the pack of cards for the Nursing Home and then I'll be Skyping with my brother in France.  I've had my run, but am thinking of doing some weight training a little later.

Have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Brenda this simple banner of love is perfect. You are right - it is the message inside that counts.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this masculine card! Agree the embossing and black cardstock make it perfect for a guy! You DH will LOVE this too I'm sure!

Lisa said...

Such a slick and masculine card, B! Really like the bg- it just sets everything else off perfectly and the b/w&red combo is awesome :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Brenda,
I love your beautiful card--the heart is perfect. Thanks for the sweet comment that you left on my blog. Have a great weekend.

Anita Rex said...

This is such a great card for your hubby! I love the CAS design! :> I love seeing cards for hubbies!

walchowDesign said...

Love this CAS card, Brenda! The black/ white with the pop-up red is beautiful! I'm sure your DH will love it!

Maureen Morton said...

Love this card, Brenda - perfect for your sweetie! Sounds like you have a nice day planned. Wish I could work out with you - I am doing well with it, but could use a shot of inspiration. Take good care and you are so dear to share all you do.

Rosemary said...

what a clever card, brenda!! simple, yet so effective...

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so sweet, Brenda! I don't recognize that Unity stamp but I love it.

Trinh said...

Perfect guy card, Brenda! I love the playing card & that pop of red.

Michelle said...

so cool! love it for a man!