Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Penny Black Sketch Challenge


Penny Black is having a sketch challenge (and they have introduced their new designer, Kelley Eubanks!!!  I love her work),  and I thought I would make a card to submit before  we leave tomorrow for our trip to Seattle!  Here is the card I managed to put together.  It's one of those that I am still pondering over....you know the kind....


Paper: cardstock (PTI)l Neenah
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers: Antique Linen distress ink
Stamps: Penny Black (Baby Hammock 2073J; Hugs - sentiment)
Other: Paper flower; Perfect Pearls Mist; Twine (The Twinery); Ribbon (recycled); Liquid Pearls White Opal; Glossy Accents; Dimensional Squares

I felt like colouring this little image, that hedgie looks so peaceful, far away in her thoughts.  Instead of layering the image on a circle, which was my first thought, I started to rummage in my draw and saw these large paper flowers.  So, I took one out and spritzed it heavily with Perfect Pearls Mist and used that as a mat for something different.

I applied some Liquid Pearls to the petals of the two flowers in the stamped image, and also some Glosy Accents to the butterfly and Teddy Bear.  The circular image is popped up with dimensional squares over the paper flower.

And then seeing as I was in a "be different" mood I decided to use twine and a ribbon instead of three pieces of cardstock which had been my first choice!

Enjoy, I am off to pack now!

11 comments:

Barb said...

So cute! Love that sweet image! Have a great trip, Bren and Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

You are so sweet Brenda! I came to tell you thank you for your sweet comment and found even more sweet words! :) Thank you! Your card is perfect... I love it! :) I hope you have a great trip and a Happy Thanksgiving! :) (hopefully soon I will get caught up with the rest of your blog... what I have missed) :)

Dawn T said...

it is a very cute card Brenda. I really like this sketch and you have done it justice.

Jeanette M. said...

What an adorable image! I love your card. I like how you used the twine and ribbon. Have a good trip!

Arlene said...

Adorable! Love that image and it's colored so sweetly - wonderfully - artfully.

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your take on the sketch! Just DARLING!! I love the use of twines, too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and family, Brenda!

Rosemary said...

super cute card, brenda!!

walchowDesign said...

Adorable card with great coloring, Brenda! Wishing you a good trip in Seattle!

Lisa said...

Awwww! Too sweet :) I just love this image, it's precious! I like how you did the twine and ribbon combo- very cool! I bet the shimmer is beautiful!

Trinh said...

Oh so adorable, Brenda! I love the flower you layered behind the circle die cut.

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is so darling! What a perfect take on the sketch too! Love that sweet image!