Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hero Arts November Contest

It's November, yes, that means we need to definitely start Christmas shopping!!!  But it also means it's time for the new Hero Arts Monthly contest, you can find all the details here. This month is a mixture of tags, gift wrapping, colour challenge and/or bling. 


I went with the colour challenge for my first attempt and landed up with an untraditional Christmas card.

Paper: PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Aqua Mist (PTI); Antique Linen Distress Ink
Stamps: Hero Arts (CL238; CL462; CL459; CL343)
Other: Clear Embossing powder; PTI Die; MFT Tab Die

A fairly simple card with these softer colours.  The trees are all embossed.  All the cardstock and die edges are lightly inked with Antique Linen. The cream colour for the challenge is in the circle die on the side where I used Rustic Cream cardstock and the neutral is the white in the sentiment tab. I popped the two trees on the sides with some dimensional tape.  My favourite part was discovering that some of the snowflakes in various Hero Arts stamp sets could fit into that die cut!

Running: Well, I managed a 14 mile run yesterday morning.  It only got painful from mile 7 onwards.  I'll persevere and run the 16 miler race this weekend.  The temperatures were in the low 40's F when we started our run, perfect for a great morning run!  It's really exhilarating, try it!

And thank you to all of you who visited me during the Cards that Care blog hop! Wow, what a terrific turn out!  I think Vera and Jennifer are going to be really successful with this card drive!

Wishing you a fabulous day filled with love and laughter!

17 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous christmas card Brenda and with the unseasonal colours. Glad to hear you are back running,

Lisa said...

Love how you used the PTI die, B! What a great idea! These colors are so beautiful for Christmas. My fav part is the tab top greeting :)

Dawn T said...

Cute card Brenda. Love the soft colours ~ a real pretty non-traditional coloured Christmas card.

Judy1223 said...

Brenda, your card is perfect for this challenge! You've used the inspiration colors so nicely...I love this! Good luck with the running...my husband is still an avid runnr but I gave it up years ago (bad knees)...I do love to hear all about your training and your races!

The Cards That Care Blog Hop was amazing, wasn't it? What a great cause!

Sanne said...

Great card Brenda - I love this color combo!

walchowDesign said...

Great X'mas card with the non-traditional colours, Brenda! Sorry, I missed the blog hop!

Maureen Morton said...

Love your use of the colors, Brenda. This is a really swanky looking retro kind of card and I love it. Good job on the running - take it easy! Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulously stylish Brenda! Thinking of you and sending hugs for your upcoming race!

Sue Lelli said...

Brenda, I left you a comment on this card and Blogger ate it because it never posted so I'll try again! LOVE the three embossed trees! Also LOVE how the snowflakes fits into that die! What a FAB surprise for you and a super detail for your pretty card! LOVE the non-traditional colors!

Stella said...

Christmas cards is non traditional colors are my favorite :). O love how used these colors and the trees are a fab focal point. Gorgeous!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Wonderful take on the colors = FABULOUS Christmascard!

alexandra s.m. said...

perfect card for the challenge Brenda!
so soft and festive!

TFS~

PS: congrats on the run...I would love to do the same ;-)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, Brenda, these colors are spot on!! So pretty, love how everything came together in this design!

Katy said...

Love the embossed trees! Great card!

Michelle said...

I love this Christmas card in these colors! So pretty and delicate!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous use of those colours, Brenda! I really love the tag/tab sentiment.

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow talk about an elegant card. So love how you interrupted the color challenge at HA. Hope your name is in the winners circle this coming Thursday. Praying that you win big time. Hugs.