Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Celebrate Today

I realised that I was a bit late in making a birthday card that needs to go overseas so I quickly went and got one done.  It's for a man, so I chose kraft ad black with a very simple image.

Paper: cardstock (PTI)
Ink: Versamark; Black Soot  & Brushed Corduroy DI; Versafine
Stamps: Artistic Outpost (Bluebird); PTI (My Hero My Dad; Happy Trails)
Other: Black Embossing Powder; dimensional adhesive

I stamped the two edges of the notecard with a grungy stamp from PTI  (looks like the ripples in corrugated cardboard).  I then created an additional piece and black embossed the bird silhouette and stamped the sentiment from Happy Trails.  I also inked the edges of this layer with Black Soot and adhered it to the notecard with some dimensional squares (boy do I use a lot of those!).

Sorry my posts are very short and blah lately but for some reason this whole week I have been feeling kinda yukky, have no idea what it is, obviously just a bug from somewhere.  It had better go back to where it came from as I have a race this Sunday and I was hoping to improve on my race time! (Elizabeth Allan had some good advice for me, she said I should go and have an ice cream!  I love her attitude!)

Wishing you all a very blessed day!

11 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Wonderful card and perfect for a man! I hope you feel better soon!! :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Brenda
Hope you are feeling better soon. This card is wonderful, I like how you have used the classic bold Black colour, just perfect.
I respect everyone that makes a man card as I find them impossible, I don't think I have ever made one!
Smiles:)

Barb said...

Ice cream is ALWAYS a good idea! I sure hope you feel better by the time the race rolls around on Sunday, Brenda! Love this pretty card - beautiful image!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your card is simply beautiful and I hope you have had that ice-cream...absolutely! Go for it!

Sending good vibes your way Brenda ~

Jacqueline said...

I like this masculine card - spot on! Hope you will be feeling better by Sunday Brenda!

Maureen Morton said...

Brenda - this is a knock-out. The simple ones require a perfect design, and this has it! A great guy card for EZ mailing.

Rosemary said...

what a fantastic masculine card, brenda! clean, simple and to the point!!

Lisa said...

Such a great masculine card, B! Really like the corrugated looking edge- super cool adn I jsut love the sentiments from that PTI set :)
BIL will love it :)
Did someone say ice cream!? You don;t have to be sick to eat ice cream do you? Cuz if so I'm in trouble! Just had some Ben&Jerry's Schweddy Balls last night (apparently it's very controversial! haha) It is THE BEST ice cream I have had in a long time- SO GOOD!!

Jay Gee said...

Good luck with the race, I sure hope you are feeling better for it :) I love this image - great CAS card.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Brenda! I love it. I hope you feel better, too. I've had a nasty cold myself and I'm so over it. LOL

Trinh said...

Oh I love this one, Brenda! Just love all the "white" space. Hope you are feeling better!