Friday, September 16, 2011

Friend

I wanted to use this butterfly from the WPlus9 set called Flora & Fauna I, there are quite a few in the set actually.  And I paired it off with a definition from Defining Words.

Paper: cardstock (PTI); patterned paper (MME); Neenah
Ink: Memento; Copics
Stamps: WPlus9 ( Defining Words & Flora&Fauna I)
Other: PTI Large scalloped die

Just some pretty paper with a pretty butterfly. Love these 6 X 6 pads from My Mind's Eye!  I tried to match the colours on the butterfly to the paper, I think I came pretty close.  Not sure why my photo looks a bit blurry!

So today, my daughter's Grandma arrives from Austin to take over the reigns as my hubby (who should be just about at the front door when this post goes live) and I go for an adult long weekend away to New York!  I have never been and am really looking forward to it! (Although, I miss my daughter terribly when I leave her behind!). 

The temperatures are going to be so much cooler, I cannot wait to enjoy a run, hopefully in Central Park!  And of course I am sure we will feast in some nice restaurants, where all the food is not FRIED!  And we're also taking in a show, not sure which as a friend has booked it.

I am lining up a few posts in my absence and will be looking forward to catching on all your creativity when I get back!

Have an awesome day!

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Pretty colors! Have a great and safe trip!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Enjoy your trip to New York Brenda! Your splendid colors on your butterfly match perfectly to the paper! Beautiful card.

Lisa said...

OMG- I LOVE that sentiment!! This is such a feminine, pretty card with these gorgeous papers :)
Have an amazing trip this weekend! It's like an extended date with your hubby :)

Rosemary said...

pretty card, brenda! i hope you had wonderful time in new york!!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Brenda. Enjoy some "couple" time with your hubby. I've only ever spend a day and half in New York, but loved it. Want to go back some day

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful colors on your card, so love that butterfly! What fun that you are heading to New York! Enjoy your time together and be well! So excited for you!

Michelle said...

Beautiful butterfly card!
Hope you enjoy your trip here in NY!! The weather we are having is awesome! Can't wait to here all about the show and where you ate!