Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You Are My Sunshine

I don't know why, but for some reason these last two Hero Arts monthly contests have been a challenge and I have hardly submitted anything worthwhile.  I made a card last night, again, nothing spectacular, just a vision to use the Hello Flags stamp to make a bright yellow sun!

Paper: cardstock (PTI); Neenah
Ink: Memento; Copics; HA Soft Pool shadow ink
Stamps: Hero Arts (Hello Flags H5428; S5507 Envelope Pattern; CL137 Alphabet)
Other: Twine; CB Swissdot embossing floder; PTI cloud die; Glossy Accents; Dimensional squares

I die cut the clouds using a PTI die and stamped them with Soft Pool ink and the Envelope Pattern stamp.  I stamped the Hello Flag, coloured it with Copics and then cut each little flag apart and adhered them around a circle die cut, alternating one with dimensionals one without.  I then applied Glossy Accents to all the flags.

The sentiment was created using the alphabet set.  Behind the sentiment banner, which is popped up, there is another banner which I  had run through my Cuttlebug for some texture.

So that's it you see, not much going on!  Maybe it's just too hot!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!  They have predicted rain and lower temperatures tomorrow and over the weekend, oh boy, do I hope that they are right!

16 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Brenda I don't know why you feel that way... When I popped in and saw the photo of your card I thought "cool" what a neat idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with next :0)

Anne said...

Hi Brenda- I have struggled with this month's HA theme too. I love how you used the flags here to make your fabulous sun and the great envie pattern on the clouds!

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Brenda, this is a cute card and obviously inspired by the weather you are having. I have also found the last two months more of a challenge over at Hero Arts and like you have only made a few cards. Lets hope the new challwnge tomorrow is more exciting!!

Donna B. said...

Love the sunshine made from the pennants Brenda!! Looks awesome with the clouds on the dark blue!!

Barb said...

I sure hope you finally get some rain down there! Love this card with the big, bright sun! Fun idea for the flags!

Lisa said...

What a unique way of using the flags, B! This is too cute :) Such a happy sun! I really like the bit of swiss dot and twine at the bottom as well- nice touches!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so creative, Brenda! I love your sun made with the flags. I never would've thought of this and it's so pretty!

Becky Carafa said...

Oh very clever to use the flags to make a sun! Love it!

Laura Evangeline said...

This card just makes me feel good! :-)

Rosemary said...

really fun and very creative card, brenda!!

sheila said...

I really like this card A LOT Brenda! it is fun, clean....really a great design! I think you did a fab job!

walchowDesign said...

Very creative use of the flags, Brenda! Sending you rain from The Netherlands and would you please do the same from your side!

Maureen Morton said...

Great idea, Brenda. Love the cheeriness of this. My Dad used to call me "Sunshine", so this particularly warms my heart! Love this!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, I think this is definitely fun and creative, Brenda, love it! The shapes make a brilliant sunshine image!

Trinh said...

This is so cute, Brenda! Love the colors and the shading on the sun. I laughed when I saw your comment about using the flags to make a sun. I was planning exactly that for another MFW Card Sketch! Great minds think alike!

Eli said...

That is a lovely card! :)