Friday, August 26, 2011

Unity August Sketch Challenge

I decided to make another card for the monthly sketch challenge over on the Unity Sketch Challenge Blog.  For this entry I used stamps from the January 2011 Kit of the Month.

Paper: Notecard (Paper Studio); Patterned Paper (My Mind's Eye "Blush"); Cardstock (PTI)
Ink: Memento; Copic Markers; Tattered Rose DI
Stamps: Unity August 2011 KOM
Other: Crinkle ribbon; twine; button (MME); Dimensional foam adhesive; PTI Edgers Die #2; Corner Chomper

I used die cut a piece of cardstock using the PTI edgers die and then inked it with Tattered Rose distress ink around the edges for a softer, feminine look.  I stamped the flower from the Unity set 3 times using my stamp-a-majig for accurate placement.  I then coloured the flowers using my Copic markers.

I adhered the patterned paper to the card base before adhering the die cut/stamped piece.  I then added the embellishments of ribbon, twine and button.  The sentiment was stamped on cardstock which was also distressed with tattered rose and then I simply rounded off the corners.

I like the whole feminine look and feel of the card.  The patterned papers in that 6 X 6 paper pad are simply beautiful!

It's starting to really heat up again outside!  I am pretty sure we are going to get in the pool the minute my darling little Natasha gets home from school!

17 comments:

Barb said...

Love the pretty paper and feminine feel, Brenda! Gorgeous bow!

sheila said...

Feminine is a wonderful word for this card and the sentiment and font style for the sentiment is perfect for this card! soo lovely...and I adore the button.

joy said...

Pretty, dainty, feminine - really love the colors and that patterned paper! Hope Natasha is enjoying kindergarten!

CharityHand said...

This card is so pretty. I love the cozy patterns. Makes me think of a nice warm quilt!

Elizabeth Allan said...

The tattered rose distressing gives your design a wonderful warm glow Brenda. The bow and button are the perfect accents for this lovely card.

Rosemary said...

so soft and pretty, brenda!! love the colors you used!

Lisa said...

A photo simply doesn't show how beautiful this card is IRL. That paper is divine and all the details- ribbon, button, lacy edge-are such gorgeous additions to this!
Good luck in the challenge :)

Alice said...

this is so pretty! love the paper you paired the flowers with! lovely card, Brenda!

Maureen Morton said...

Oh, Brenda! This is so beautifully feminine - love it all. Great pairing with the paper and the stamp and that fab ribbon ties it all together so perfectly. Great job!

Tiffany Ervin said...

These are perfectly sweet and elegant colors, Brenda! Love that sentiment!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card ! Very soft and perfect :-)

Laurel Beard said...

This card is gorgeous! I saw your post over at the Lawnscaping site. I am sorry you didn't see the post in time! Can I put you on the waiting list? If someone drops out or doesn't confirm with me via email, I can add you to the hop? I am so sorry! I wish everyone that wanted to play along could, but I fear that if we have too many, people will get bored along the one and those towards the end of the hop will get overlooked. SOmeone had a great idea of having the hop split up over a few days, which I love! Then everyone who wants to play along can! I am definitely going to do that for our next hop!

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous! I love that bow and that patterned paper!

Jacqueline said...

This is so pretty Brenda, love the bow!

Trinh said...

Very pretty, Brenda! I love the soft coloring of the flowers.

Michelle said...

So feminine and dainty! The flowers are so pretty!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Brenda! I love that flower and the sentiment you paired with it. Great design and such pretty colours!