Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sending Hugs to a Little Girl

When you are a member of a group like the Hero Arts Flickr group you come across a lot of possibilities where you as a crafter/cardmaker could perhaps help to brighten someones' life, and that is what happened last week.  I cannot bear to even write about it here because it's about a little girl who is the same age as my daughter.  You can find the details HERE, and perhaps you too could find a way to make a little card to send her way and hopefully add some rays of sunshine in her life right now.

Paper: PTI cardstock; Neenah
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic markers
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (On the Mend)
Other: Sewing; Glossy Accents; Dimensional Squares

Just a cute little image with some texture on the flowers, vase and turtle shell, and some stitching.  What else can one do under these circumstances!  To tell you the truth, this shakes my faith, and I don't want to hear any logical explanation, there aren't any.  But I hope that this little card and all the other cards Olivia will be receiving will make her feel, perhaps, less lonely!

So today, when my thoughts should be on my daughter who started kindergarten, with no hiccups, just like a big girl, I have to be honest and say that I am also thinking about another little girl, who was supposed to start kindergarten today!

I have to go....

12 comments:

Trinh said...

Aww, this is so cute, Brenda! I know it's going to bring a smile to that little girl's face. Love how you used the stitched piece to ground the turtle.

Alice said...

awwww.... this is too cute, Brenda! love that the little turtle is carrying the flower vase! such a sweet card!

Dawn T said...

So sweet Brenda. It does hit hard when it a child the same ages as your own.

walchowDesign said...

Such a sweet card for Olivia and I'm sure this card will bring a big smile on her, Brenda!

Lisa said...

This is so sweet for this precious little girl! It is sure to bring a little smile to her face and hopefully she will know that you and others are thinking of her.
As you know from our conversations, life can be so unfair sometimes. And you are absolutely right when you say there are no logical answers in times like these.....
You have a big heart, B- love you for that!

Laura Evangeline said...

That is so cute! I love that little guy. You did a great job! :-)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Brenda you are so kind. Your card will put a smile on her heart!

Emily Leiphart said...

Awww, this is absolutely darling and I know Olivia will smile when she sees it. You are so sweet, Brenda! I hope your daughter enjoys her first week of school!

Rosemary said...

super cute card, brenda!! i know it will make olivia smile!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is perfectly sweet for her and it will certainly brighten her face and cheer her up! Congrats to your own little one on her first day, how thrilling!

sheila said...

very sweet card...it is so hard to find reason when when little ones take ill.

Brenda said...

I love this little card. Thank you for posting this and for the info about little Olivia. I'm sure she will love it! My three children & I will be sending her something, too. Thank you for sharing-for touching and changing the lives of others!