Paper: cardstock (PTI); Patterned Paper (Making Memories: Paper Reverie "Brun Antique")
Ink: Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Hero Arts (CL480; S507; E5465)
Other: Spellbinders Netabilities (Big Scalloped Squares & Large Circles); EK Success label punch; black pearl (Hero Arts); Embroidery thread
Ok, I like this better than my first attempt, maybe because there was no real technique involved. I had this idea of a red fox and I wanted to pop him/her up on some dimensional squares. So that's how it started. The fox is stamped twice and paper pieced as I only wanted the red bits to have the texture of the envelope pattern stamped over it. I used a little black pearl for the nose.
The circle is made by using two nestibilitie dies, one inside the other. I also decided that the sentiment strip looked bare so added a line of hand stitching on it.
I am also happy that I got to use some of my patterned paper that has been around for a few months.
I am thinking about a lot of people today:
- My sister, niece and Mom who have just arrived safely back in South Africa after a very, very long flight. I get to see them in December again!
- My gorgeous husband whom I miss more every day that he is away, but, only 8 more sleeps!
- My in-laws who are just back from another wonderful trip to Alaska and I cannot wait to see all the photos and hear the tales!
- My dear friend Jacqueline who needs her blood cound to improve and her son David to get better.
- And my friend, Lisa, who came to our rescue last week when we were all down with some bug and unable to lift our bodies into an upright position!
Bye for now before I get too mushy! It happens you know!