Sunday, July 24, 2011

Picasso's Version of Summertime!


This is my second post of today, so scroll down if you want to see my last Summer Card Camp card.

I decided to have some fun today and just apply paint to paper, randomly, and see what I get!  That's not like me, but sometimes we have to take chances!

I have hardly contributed to this month's Hero Arts contest theme of Summertime and Parties, so now they are going to get Picasso's version!  Summertime for me is sun, colours, flowers, butterflies, outdoors.  I captured, or tried to, a few of those elements here.  I also think this fits into Moxie Fab's "Fanatical About Botanical" so I will pop it in there too.

Paper: Hero Arts Notecard; Neenah
Ink: various Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers; Memento Tuxedo Black; Mustard Seed & Peeled Paint DI
Stamps: Hero Arts (K5376 Hydrangea; CL383 Antique Engravings)
Other: Enamel Accents

I have purposefully left out the sentiment as I am not sure what I want yet, time will tell.

So what do you think?  Simply dab your choice of paint over paper, (I dried them between each different colour so as not to contaminate the dabbers).  I then stamped the Hydrangea with the Snow Cap acrylic paint.  The butterfly is inked with the two distress inks and I added white enamel accent to the spots.

My hubby says he would have preferred it without the butterfly.  He may be right, but I really wanted a butterfly there.

7 comments:

Arlene said...

My preference is the butterfly stays put where it is. I will not allow it to flutter away at all.

LOVE THIS WILD and WONDERFUL CARD!

Barb said...

I am all for the butterfly! Such a fun card, Brenda!

Dawn T said...

What awesome colours together Brenda. I think I go with your hubby... the butterfly is beautiful but I think the card would be better without it. Still an awesome card all the same!!!!!

Virginia L. said...

What GORGEOUS and eye -catching colors! Wow! Is this ever cool! I think you are onto something! Love this unique and artistic card, Brenda! Keep playing :)

Lisa said...

Very cool idea, B- very adventurous of you :) I really like the end result with these bold colors and my vote on the butterfly is that it's a keeper because I think the card would be missing something without it - just sayin'!

Lin said...

I love it when people experiment, Brenda! It can lead to all kinds of ideas :) Well done!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Brenda! Thanks yet again for linking up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)