Sue over at the Hero Arts Flickr group hosted a fun 90 minute challenge today! We had to make 2 scraplings, one had to have a sentiment on it and the other had to have purple or yellow incorporated into it!
I have never made scraplings before but I definitely had fun. They are made from cut off pieces of notecards, typically 4 1/4 inches tall and anything from 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches wide. Here is what I made:
Paper: HA Notecard; PTI Cardstock; Neenah; Paterned Paper (My Mind's Eye, We R Memory Keepers)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers; Broken China, Peeled Paint & Antique Linen DI; CTMH Creme Brulee dye ink
Stamps: Hero Arts (S5506, S5316); PTI Tiny Tags
Other: EK Success Tag Die; MFT Rolled Flower Die; Stickles; Glossy Accents; Lavender Tule; Pearl (stash)
For the one on the left I used a purple HA notecard cut off measuring 4 1/4 by 2 inches. I stamped the Silhouette Grass using Creme Brulee ink and added a bit of Antique Linen DI on the edges. I stamped the dragonfly with Antique Linen as well. I tied a small piece of lavender tule around the stamped piece and added a small rolled flower over the knot.
For the one on the right, I used some PTI cardstock to make the card base measuring 4 1/4 by 2 1/2 inches. I stamped only one side of the Flower Text stamp twice. Then I coloured the one using copics and paper pieced it back onto the original. I added some glossy accents to the flower centre and some of the leaves, and also some orange stickles to parts of the petals. The sentiment was stamped on a small tag which was adhered partially on and off the card. That stamped layer was then matted with patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers.
That's a lot of stuff going on for two pieces of paper that don't even make up one whole card! Wow! But what fun! Thank you Sue for making me try something new today!